#7: Family First - PART I

Start from the beginning

"I have to go", said he, "You'll remember me, won't you?"

"Yes", cried the child with tears in his eyes.

"Come here", said Loki and wrapped his arms around his son. He didn't even try to stop the tears that ran down his cheeks, "Don't forget me... please..."

Then, he released him and caressed the child's cheek.

"This is for you", said he then, taking his watch off his hand, "I made some extra holes on the wristband so you can wear it. I know it's not something magnificent, but it has sentimental value".

He worn the watch on William's hand and kissed his cheek. Then, he stood up and faced Y/N.

"It was my pleasure to meet you", said he, wiping his tears away, "I'm sorry for everything".

He lowered his head and turned his back on them. He got in his car, forcing himself not to glance behind, and left. What am I going to do now?

He stayed in a hotel for some weeks, until he found an apartment, and then, three lonesome years passed. Three whole years, yet the pain still remained. The comforting words of Thor didn't help him and the concern of many of the Avengers just left him blue. He missed his family. He missed them so much that he couldn't move on.

This was what brought him in front of Y/N's house. The house they used to live together. Was she still living there? He didn't know. But he had to give it a go.

He took a deep breath and rang the bell. He heard steps and then Y/N opened the door. When she saw him, she turned rigid for some seconds.

"I know. It's been a while", said Loki and scanned her with his eyes, "How many months?" he asked, noticing her belly bump.

"Six".

Loki smiled, but his already broken heart broke in even smaller pieces.

"What are you doing here?" asked Y/N.

"I need to see my son".

"But you... I..."

"Please", he begged, "It's my right. I'm dying without y-... without him, Y/N. Just... let me see him"

Y/N sighed and lowered her look.

"Who is it?" sounded a man's voice.

"An old friend", replied Y/N.

A blond man appeared behind her and walked towards them. He stood next to Y/N and put his hand on her shoulder.

"Err... Loki, this is my husband, Harry. Harry, this is Loki. William's father".

"Oh". The man –Harry wasn't the name? – looked at Loki circumspectly.

"I just came to see William", Loki said quickly, "I don't mean any fuss".

Harry looked at Y/N. She nodded, and both of them stepped aside to let him in.

"Go to the living room with Harry, I'll bring William from upstairs", said Y/N and began walking up the stairs.

Loki looked at her until she disappeared in the corner. How much he had missed her! How much he had missed both of them! His eyes were still looking at the stairs, refusing to look away, his body had suddenly turned rigid and he couldn't move. I still love you...

"Come", said Harry and only then Loki managed to make his muscles move.

He followed the man to the living room and silently sat on the sofa. He looked at the man in front of him and felt a twinge of envy. He had lost Y/N, he knew it, but he still had a chance with his son.