Chapter 3: Numb

All talking at once, congratulating one another, the members of Livien and Echo hurried off stage and basked in their success. The benefit patrons were still raucously cheering them on as the host tried to get their attention again. “What a rush” Chord breathed out and opened his arms to Emma who hurtled herself at him. 

“Oh my god! You’re guys were amazing” Dianna complimented and pulled both Mark and Sean into proud hugs. 

“And did you see some of the women out there?” Jonathan asked and gave a low whistle. “Tonight is definitely going to be a good night” he boasted while Eric and Darren both agreed and high fived each other. 

“Great job everybody” Mia called out as she stepped forward, grinning briefly at Darren who was too busy staring out the curtain at the lavishly dressed women. “You’ve all been invited to an after party at the Beverly Wilshire and… wait a minute, where did Cory and Lea go?” she demanded and searched around for the missing singers. 

“Shh…” Cory coaxed as he and Lea snuck out into one of the dressing rooms. The sound of her manager’s voice carried down the corridors, causing both to snicker quietly at her irritated tone. “In here” he said and pulled Lea behind the closed the door. “Have I told you beautiful you look?” he asked and wasted no time fusing his lips against hers. 

Emitting a quiet moan, Lea grabbed onto the lapels of his jacket and tried to get closer. Hands resting on her hips, Cory pulled Lea up against his body and groaned at the feel of her lithe form wiggling around. “What do you mean you haven’t seen them?! They need to be out there to take a final bow with all the other performers” Mia screeched at someone outside their door, effectively bringing the pair out of their sexual haze.

“I swear, that woman’s voice cuts through my head like nails” Cory groaned in Lea's ear, tickling her skin with his warm breath. 

“I guess we should get back out there” Lea suggested, defeated. 

“Hey, listen for a second” Cory said and tipped her chin up so that their gazes locked. “I hate this too… but until you turn eighteen, we have to keep it a secret. Both our labels would try to split the tour to keep us apart if they found out.” 

“I know” Lea agreed and sighed quietly. 

“Come here” Cory gently demanded and held her close so that her head rested against his chest. “Just a few more months” he whispered and stroked her back, soothing Lea more with his presence than with his words. 

As her eyes fluttered open, Lea didn’t bother to look at the clock as she reached for a pencil and her lyric book. 

It was the same each night only this time, Lea decided to use her memories. They had always been the story she told through song but after everything with Cory, she had been loathsome to put herself out there again so personally. Music had become what her band wanted, what their fans liked, not what was in her heart. 

Lea decided she couldn’t do that anymore with her solo album. It had to be about her… had to come from her. 

Your face it haunts…. My once pleasant dreams…. Your voice it chased away…. All the sanity in me. 

“There” she said and tossed the items aside. After snuggling back under the comforter, Lea shut the lamp off and tried to get a few more hours of sleep. 

Is the Past Proving too much for Miss Michele??

Sources say Lea Michele, front woman for hit band Echo, has been spending a lot of late nights worrying over her afternoons spent in the studio with former boyfriend, Cory Monteith. The pair, who split three year ago, have been putting in long hours trying to write the tracks for Michele's new solo album. Spokesmen for Columbia Records say the album is coming along in record time and should be expected out this spring. The question which remains to be unasked is whether or not the pair, who are famously known for their heartfelt lyrics and melodic music, can get through this album without once again falling under the spell of their music……………….