Chapter 2

Hey everyone, Michaela here. So this is the second chapter of my first ever book (*fist pumps the air*). Going to get really busy soon so the chapters might be posted a bit later than I would like for the next few weeks. Thanks to everyone who has read the first chapter in the book, it really is an encouragement and I hope you continue to read on and enjoy the rest of it, if possible could you make any comments with suggestions or just a sentence saying whether you found the chapter ok or not? Kind regards to you all... Bye :) x

_________________________________________________

I stormed into the lunch room and found Anna sitting at our usual table in the corner of the cafeteria next to the window. From here we had a prime view of everyone during lunch, and we even had the picturesque view of the school garden.

Most of trees were green and a few of the flowers were still in bloom, like little colourful rebels against the heat of summer.I take a seat opposite my friend and remove my sweater before reaching into my bag for my lunchbox.

“Jeepers Lena, who managed to put you in such a horrid mood?” I proceeded to take a long gulp of my water before answering her, trying to calm myself down.

“The new guy you were talking about An? As hot as he is, his appearance is definitely ruined by his sucky personality...that creeper couldn’t stop giving me dagger eyes throughout English. He doesn’t even know me and he said something along the lines of seeing me tonight in a way which makes me not look forward to the experience, just before he left when the bell rang.”

“Lena, I think you’re just getting a bit out of your mind with this heat...that’s what you get for wearing a sweater and jeans in the middle of summer! Now just calm down, drink the rest of your water and listen to me. There’s no ways you heard what you heard, so unless he approaches you again today just write it off as a mild heat stroke induced hallucination.”

She smiled at me then, and I knew that she was probably right. The school has been saving up to get air cons and more ventilators put in after students have been dropping like flies during summer due to the heat, and this was probably just something similar to that. I sighed, willing to accept that my day is just getting weirder and weirder.

Anna goes on to tell me about how Daniel Yeyta had passed her a note in Maths, but it had been intercepted by Mr Trell before she had been able to read it.

“I totally think he likes me Len, and he’s not exactly bad looking so I don’t have any objections!”

I knew Daniel. He was a pretty quiet guy who didn’t really stick out from the crowd. Nobody knows much about him except that he works down at the General Store during every odd weekend.  

“Oh Anna, let’s not have a repeat of the 5th grade incident when you thought Jack Kindle liked you, but he was really just passing a note asking if you had a spare eraser...”

Anna cringed slightly, clearly remembering the very embarrassing incident which had occurred that day. “Er, I guess you’re right...but I won’t be professing my love for him in front of the entire grade during break this time. I’ll wait for him to make the first move.”

She gives me a naughty wink, and I just roll my eyes at her before finishing off the rest of my lunch. I handed her the algebra worksheets she had missed and showed her where she could find explanations in the textbook.

The bell rings as I am packing away the last of my things, and Len had already run off to ‘bump into’ Daniel on her way to her next lesson. I throw the apple core from the remainders of my lunch into the bin as well as an empty crisp packet Anna had decided to scrunch up and put on my Maths book.