How sweet!

It was now the end of my shift and I got up from my office chair and started to gather all of my belongings. Putting on my coat and slinging my bag over my shoulder. I turn the lights off in my office and then left, locking the door as I go. As I am half way through the building, going to leave, I hear my name being called behind me along with the rushed clicking of heels on the hard marble floor. I turn around and see an out of breath Angela running as fast as she could in heels.
"Sweetie." She practically screamed as she reached me. She placed one of her hands on my shoulder for her to lean on and catch her breath. "Damm who knew this was such a big place?" She questioned, probably to no one.
"Hey Ang, I love talking to you and everything but do you need something because I have to go home and get ready for something really special tonight." I told her trying to be as nice as possibly because I didn't want to hurt her feelings.
She looked at me confused for a minute and then gasp, " Oh. Yes I do need something." She said as she linked arms with me and started walking out of the building.
" I need you to help me with Hodgins." She said as she looked at me with puppy dog eyes, practically pleading.
"What like getting you guys back together?" I asked a little confused, "Ang, he would take you back in a heart beat. I don't see your problem?" I questioned, surprising myself with how clueless and Brennan-like I sounded.
"I don't know." She said as she let out a sigh, "I don't know if I want to actually get back together with him. I mean he's really cute and funny and we have amazing sex together but..." Angela trailed off not seeming to come up with a reason that dating him would be bad.
"Well..." I say stopping in the car park and turning to face Angela, " I think those three things about Jack that you just said should be enough for you to know that dating him is a good idea. As long as he treats you right, which I'm sure Jack will, then I don't see why you shouldn't date." I said, trying to give her the best advice I could. A huge smile broke out on her face and she engulfed me in warm hug,
"Sweetie Thank you." She said pulling away with a determined look in her eye.
"Go get 'em tiger." I joked as she turned and quickly walked to her car, already calling Hodgins.
"Again, Thank you Sweetie!" Angela shouted over her shoulder as she climbed into her car. I sighed and then turned and got into my car and drove home.

I got home and went straight to my bedroom to get my date outfit ready. I felt really excited but also very nervous. I first got a shower and then started to style my hair. Then I did my some light makeup and then started to pick out an outfit. I wasn't completely sure what to wear so I picked up my phone and decided to call Sweets to try and a get a sense of what I should wear.
M=Marigold S=Sweets
M- Lance Hey.
S- Kenz, Hey. Is everything okay?
M- Yeah, yeah everything is okay I just wanted to check that we are still up for tonight?"
S- Of course we are, if you are.
M- Okay, good good. So... where are we actually going to go?
S- That's for me to know and for you to find out.
M- Lannnnnce, stop teasing. I want to know what to wear.
S- You look good in everything you wear.
M- thank-k you Lance. So should I turn up in a potato sack or something
S- Just wear something nice but casual, I wanna take you somewhere after we eat.
M- okay, well I should probably go get changed. I'll see you in an hour then?
S- yep, on the dot.
M- Okay, see you soon
S- Byee

I throw my phone onto my bed and I can't help but let out a little squeal of excitement. I go though my closet and after about 15 minutes, I decided on my date outfit. I went for light, baby pink button up dress that had long sleeves and came down mid thigh. I then paired it with a pair of baby blue heels that were only a couple of inches tall. I then finished off the outfit with a blue silk bow in my hair.
(Outfit below)

I look at myself in my full length mirror and check out the complete outfit

I look at myself in my full length mirror and check out the complete outfit. I smile and nod, it wasn't that bad. I then heard a knock at my front door, and I grab my phone and see that it was already 7pm. I quickly rush to the door, and brush my hair out of my face and smooth my dress down and then I swing the door open. I'm met with an adorable sweets in a black suit with a blue shirt ( picture at the top) with a bouquet of pink roses in his hands. He looked so nervous but utterly cute.
"These are for you." Sweets says, holding out the flowers and blushing.
" Aww, Lance. Thank you. It's ever so kind of you." I say leaning forward and kissing his check and I take the flowers and walk into my apartment further.
"You can come in for a minute." I yell back to Lance as I noticed that he didn't follow me. I walk into my kitchen and put some water into a vase and place the bouquet into it. I then place the case in the middle of the table. I then notice Lance stood in the door way, and we meet eyes and I feel insides turn. I blush. He was just so handsome.
"Are you ready to go?" He asked softly, while he reach out his arm. I smile and grab my handbag and took a hold of his hand as we left my apartment.

{1039 words}
Authors note: Hey pups, sorry it's been a hot minute. Idk if anyone is actually waiting for another part to this but just in case, I've got yah. I'll make another part for this, eventually. I'll to post it this week idk. Anywayssss, hope you've enjoyed and if you have any ideas or anything you know what to do. Comments are welcome.

✌️ out
-JJ