Trapped Emotions • Post infinity war

Warnings
•depression
•suicidal thoughts
•outbursts
•confrontation
•panic attack
~mantis survived for plot reasons~

The fact that Tony and Mantis were the only two beings to arrive back from titan gave them a certain bond none of the other hero's under their roof could understand. They had seen thing the others hadn't.

Their friendship had kept them from falling easily into their dark places, or at least it kept Tony from those places he was all to familiar with. Mantis kept a light attitude towards most things and was one of the happiest of the group of heroes.

They spent most of their days either in Tony's lab while he worked and she talked or at least tried to talk to dum-E who would chirp back at her. Over time during one of mantis's many visits they had discussed her powers and Tony made her swear never to touch him, just because he didn't want to share his feelings with Mantis understood.

Today was an exception to the days Tony spent in the lab. He had been pulled into the living room by a persistent Pepper. Now they sat watching a boring movie with the team.

Tony didn't really care for the movie it seamed boring. When he finally looked up at the screen he noticed it was an action movie the current scene showed two gangsters shooting up a bank. It was all fine until a cop shot one of the gangsters and he fell into the wall.

"Boss I've been hit." He yelled and the older gangster ran to his side. "No come on Jimmy!" Tony almost chuckled it was a little cheesy. "I don't want to go boss I don't want to go."

Something struck a chord and Tony's breath felt cut off. His mind flooded with memories of Peter and Titan. "Sh-shit." He stood quickly brushing off pepper's hand and he leaned against the coffee table.

Steve stood and was by Tony's side. "Tony are you okay?" Tony tried nodding as everyone crowded around him. "Get away give him space" Natasha put an hand on Steve's arm and he stepped back.

Tony put a hand on his chest and doubled over. He tried breathing but his breaths scratched his throat and he could feel tears streaming down his face.

He knew he was in trouble, he hadn't had a panic attack this bad before. "P-Peter." He choked out. The kid always helped him through these.

"Mantis help him calm him down." Steve order but Mantis hesitated. "I can't touch him he doesn't want me to." She frowned.

"It doesn't matter Mantis just help him." Steve said again stepping out of her way. Mantis stepped in his place and put a hand on Tony's back.

Before she could calm his emotions she was hit by all of them full force. She let out a loud sob and tears came to her eyes immediately.

"N-nooo" she cried. "Help him, he no longer wants to be here. He holds on for one person." Mantis kept her hand on Tony's back and tried to take control of her mind again.

"S-sleep." She whispered and her voice shook but Tony took in one breath before falling to the couch. Mantis pulled away and dropped to the ground.

"He's I'm so much pain." Steve and Natasha dropped to mantis' side as Rhodey and Pepper went to Tony. Natasha tilted her head. "What did you feel Mantis?" She questioned her face serious.

"Betrayal! Heartbreak. Loss. He morns for a son." She whimpered. "He feels he has failed you, that their deaths are his fault."

Steve looked up at the unconscious Tony then back at Mantis. "How can he hide that?" "He has for years, only now his fears are real. He has lost everyone in death and betrayal."

Steve was taken aback by Mantis' words and everyone in the room was deathly quiet. The only noise was mantis' cries. They all shared three thoughts. Did we do this? How can we help him? Who is his son?