Chapter Thirty-Five

Začít od začátku

"Don't move," he hears Ron say. "Don't make a sound."

Blaise doesn't dare, he squeezes his eyes shut when he hears another howl from the West Wing of the tower, where he knows Draco is writhing around on the floor.

He stops himself from gasping when Ron's hold tightens even more, to the point where he's twisting his hand to get him to release him, but to no avail. Blaise moves when the Gryffindor takes a step back and he pokes his head around Ron's shoulder to look at what's happening.

He immediately regrets it.

Harry is standing, holding himself up like a puppet on broken strings, his head is balanced on one shoulder and his knees are wobbling.

But the most terrifying part is that his eyes are glowing red and there's an aura about him that is also glowing. His hair is suspended in midair as if he was floating in water, and for the first time Blaise feels the staticky shock of electricity all around him.

He watches in horror as Harry's body straightens itself out, and once he's standing completely straight, he takes a step forward. Ron backs up again.

"Ron," Blaise whispers, tugging on his hand. "I think he's trying to go to Draco."

"What," Ron says from in front of him.

"That's what Draco looks like," Blaise points a finger at Harry taking a step at a time.

Blaise looks up at Ron and sees his eyebrows are furrowed. "Are...Are you sure?"

Blaise spares a look at Harry and shudders. He nods. "Yes."

Ron exhales through his nose. "I hope you're right about this," and he pulls Blaise aside with him.

Harry, noticing a clear path, stands straighter and starts walking in pace. Ron looks at Blaise over his shoulder and purses his lips, turns to follow Harry.

They follow him down the spiral staircase and into the Common Room, and when Harry takes a turn into the West Wing of the tower, where Draco's screams can be heard, Ron looks back at Blaise with raised brows.

"What do you think they're doing," Ron asks as he faces Harry's retreating figure.

"I don't know," Blaise says honestly. "How did Harry know that Draco needed him?"

Ron shrugs. He notices that Blaise is still behind him, peeking over his shoulder and squeezing his arms. He chuckles. "Come on, let's go find out."

They move quietly but quickly, and they reach the top of the stairs when Harry turns to the doorway of Draco's room. "Must be an instinctive feeling."

"Come on," Ron says, pulling Blaise along when Harry disappears past the doorframe. They can hear Draco's whimpers from where they are.

When they reach the door, Ron pulls Blaise next to him and they watch as Harry approaches Draco' withering frame on the floor, his whimpers reducing to labored breaths the closer Harry got.

Harry stops right next to Draco, bends down and lifts him into his arms like he weighs nothing, and turns towards Draco's bed to set him down.

"Omega," Harry rasps out, his voice sounding the same as Draco's--harsh and unfamiliar.

He spreads his arm out over Draco, opens his palm, and Draco's mouth falls open. "Alpha."

"What is going on," Ron mumbles. "What does that mean?"

Blaise shrugs, keeps his eyes on the exchange of power happening before their eyes. "I've never heard that before."

All of a sudden, Harry flips his head to look back at the two at the door, and Ron instinctively reaches back to hold Blaise.