Tuxedos And Dresses Part 2

Start from the beginning

After all, I knew that Donna for sure would not have held back on choosing a spectacular dress for Paula this evening, surely to knock me out of my senses and I was hell-bent on returning the favour.

AT THE GALA

I was disappointed to know that Paula had already left for the gala before I could arrive to pick her up. At first I thought she was a bit angry at me for being a bit late but then the way she ended the call with the words, “ Don’t worry Harvey, the fruits of patience are really sweet” in the most seductive tone possible I understood that she wasn’t angry rather she was excited to pull the floor beneath my feet and was just prolonging my suffering. Well, never have I been so excited to have my senses knocked out until now.

Even though I was late to the gala, I had reached before Paula and had already schmoozed a lot of people in the gala and yet there were so much more left to schmooze with my charm. It took everything in me not to just leave the boring gala but the desire and excitement to see my Paula held me in, keeping me in the boring gala, all alone to endure Louis’ finicky ways and annoying talks.

My heart ached to see her. It felt as though we had been away from each other far too long although I had just seen her the night before. To keep my mind out of the gutter, I was getting my enjoyment by irritating and annoying Louis. The way he tortured the poor waiter for a mere glass of champagne was hilarious. I was just teasing Louis for his poor choice of brown tie instead of a black one when I saw that every eye in the room had suddenly turned towards the entrance door and a sort of hush had fallen over everyone, a thick blanket of silence settling all around us. I was wondering what the fuss was about and turned my gaze towards the entrance to see the guest when I felt a strange electricity pass through me as the air around me turned heavy.

They were all staring at the woman robed in black. The black gown was an (almost) backless, high- neck floor length gown. Various thin black velvet straps were holding the upper part of the gown together, going across her bare back forming a sort of majestic lined web. As the upper half of the gown moved downwards it eventually joined the lower half of the gown, the hem beautifully flaring down until the floor. To make the dress even more gorgeous the whole of the top was covered in black lace, while the sides were completely bare save for the velvet straps holding it up, which allowed the slightest of peeks at her appreciable assets.

The lady’s makeup consisted smoky eyes and ruby red lips, only adding to her seductive looks. Her beautiful blonde hair was falling down softly brushing her shoulders. Her beauty was only greatened by the beautiful black and white diamond necklace and earrings that she was donning (A/N: Hehe..Donning :P ). Her look was subtly completed by the beautifully crafted black lace embellished heels, which by my judgment were surely a creation of the greatly talented Chanel.

She looked like a model who had walked right out of a Chanel magazine. No wonder the whole room was staring at the beauty who had probably become the most desirable woman in the gala and all without even trying. I could tell that the lady had no idea how beautiful she was looking as I knew the lady closely. I knew my Paula.

Seeing all those men stare at Paula made me see red and I felt red hot anger bloom in my chest. Well, call me a possessive Neanderthal but no one stares at what’s mine, no one. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard someone behind me mutter “Wow. She looks astounding. I wonder if she’s got a date for the night. If not then I should try to keep her company and maybe she might come back to my place with me, at least for tonight.” the man behind me said to his friend, laughing a little at the end. It took everything in me to not turn around and punch the man for even thinking about my Paula like that but I kept my cool, for everyone’s sake.