Second Dates

Harvey's POV

In my lifetime I've been with a lot of girls. After all, I don't think there is any girl in this world who could resist my charm except for Jessica and Donna ofcourse but they belong to a rare species of women and I'd rather not go into that topic. Honestly it was extremely easy for me to get girls. I mean with my gentleman charms, and most handsome face anything was possible.

Honestly I'm irresistible. I'm mean any woman in their right minds and with eyes couldn't resist me. Although there's a certain perk to being in a relationship yet I've never had one of those. Never really tried to and honestly I never felt the need to have one. They've always been more of a hold-me-back than push-me-forward for me. Besides, while people needed love to keep them motivated and going I had my goals to keep me motivated, to push me each day. I didn't need the sweet lies and heartbreak of a relationship, the false promise of eternal love only to be broken later leaving misery and sorrow in its wake to make me feel alive. I was already enjoying my life to its fullest.

I loved my job and life too much to give its place to anybody else. After what happened with my parents I never truly believed in the institution of a marriage. Now I don't hate or despise people in love or relationships, no for Pete's sake I'm not Louis( God what is wrong with me why would I even think of comparing myself with him? ) whose always looking down on others who are happy in their so called miserable lives. Trust me I'm happy for those guys and truly hope good for them. But I've never really thought of having a long term relationship or for that matter any kind of relationship besides a one night stand with any of the girls I've ever been with. It just wasn't who I was.

A partial reason for this lack of relationship is also that I've never really met anyone with that kind of zing that made me want to ask her out for more than a night and wish for something more permanent. There was Scotty for some time but even she couldn't get me to come out of my shell and be in a serious relationship with her.

Ofcourse I tried to make it work between us but it just didn't happen. It just wasn't meant to be. I guess I was still looking for that one person who truly knocked me off my feet and blew me away. I never thought I would ever meet someone like that and seriously thought that I would die a bachelor ( not that it's a bad death, trust me when I say its not. If anyone would know the best about this subject, that would be me) but finally I did meet that one person I was looking for. The One I was waiting for.

Although it sounds greatly cliche to say this but Kate was truly a whirlwind. She was like a fresh breeze of air for me. A much needed change from my highly challenging yet somewhat monotonous and boring life. She's just so different that I truly wanted to give it a chance. For once in my life I wanted it to work between the two of us with all of my heart. Moreover I dared to do one thing I never do: I hoped that it would work. Given my previous non existent amazing and glorious past and history with relationships and dating clumped with my magnificent tendency to fuck up every great thing in my life I decided to follow Kate's lead in this area. Which is why I was in this present condition. Standing in a tuxedo, in my red Aston

Which is why I was in this present condition. Standing in a tuxedo, in my red Aston martin driving to Donna's house to pick Kate for our date tonight. We had decided that since the last date of ours was planned by Kate I had the rights to plan this one out. I had even got the allowance from Kate that I could spoil her greatly and go all out on the date. Since Kate knew I would pick somewhere fancy and she was more of a jeans-and-top-casual- hot look kinda gal she didn't really know how to dress up in a fancy manner. Which is where Donna came in.

She was more than happy to step in and I would go as far as to say that she even gave me a look that said Honey-I'll-dress-her-up-so-good-that-you'll-address-me-as-Goddess-Donna-after-this look and she didn't give me many of those. The rare occurrence of Donna's expression ensured that Kate would be dressed to kill and hence I too had decided to dress to impress and go all out on my looks. I had planned something amazing for us and couldn't wait to see the excited look on her face when she would see this.