Chapter 18 - Doubts and the Uncertanties

I quickly run upstairs and change into a t-shirt and jeans. "I'm just gonna pop on over to Dave's" I say, as I come back down the stairs.

"Everything okay?" My mom asks.

"Yeah yeah, he's fine. He wants my honest opinion about the gig."

As I open the door, Teresa approaches me.

"I don't believe that." She sings in a sing song voice.

I roll my eyes at her. "Do you really want to know the truth?" I ask her.

"Yes, is that even a question, Eve?" She responds.

"Gemma told Dave that she loved him last night, and he said 'thank you'. He wants my advice."

She gives me a smirk.

"What? You don't think he likes me, do you?" I say, annoyed.

"I don't think, I know." She says.

"Oh please, you and Vince." I respond.

"Hey! If Clarke and I both see it, there must be something there." She says. "I'll have to have a meeting with him."

I'm halfway out the door when I hear the second part of what she said. I quickly turn around.

"NO!" I practically shout.

Teresa looks at me like I have three heads.

"You can't mention anything involving Dave, romance, and me in the same sentence. He used to not like me at all because he thought I would cheat on Andy. We had a talk a few weeks ago and got it all sorted. You'd make him paranoid again!"

"I was kidding!" She says. "Now go talk to Dave."

***

I jog across the estate to Dave's house. I knock on the door, and Phil answers it.

"Hey Phil." I greet him.

"Hey Eve. Dave's upstairs." He replies, and lets me in.

I walk up the stairs and knock on Dave's door.

"Hey." He says as he opens the door and lets me in.

"Hi. How are you?" I ask.

"I've felt better, I've been up all night." He says. "I don't know how I feel about her. She's really sweet, funny, pretty," He sighs.

"What is it? Don't feel like you can't say anything because I'm her friend. Anything you say will stay between you and me." I assure him.

"She's not the sharpest tool in the shed, for one thing. And she's always trying to come to rehearsals. And she's not quiet like you are. She's acts like she's Yoko or something."

I laugh at his statement.

"Okay, I'm over-exaggerating there, but still. Also, this is my first proper girlfriend since Gina! And her cheating on me with Mark has ruined my trust in a relationship. I fooled around in London, and here before I started dating Gemma, but I haven't been in a serious relationship in two years. I just always feel suspicious."

"She would never cheat on you. She's been loyal to me since the day we met. No matter what stupid shit Jules tries to start with me, Gemma always backs me up." I say.

"Well yeah, of course she would. No offense, but Jules is one mean-spirited, conniving, bitch."

I nod. "I know, but that's a conversation for another day. You need to trust in Gemma, or talk to her about your doubts."

"I feel like she'd think I was crazy, Gina cheating on me was two years ago."

"She'll understand. It's totally normal that you're wary of relationships now. She's very understanding." I give Dave a hug. "Go talk to her now, okay?"

He nods. "I should. Thanks, Eve. You're the best."

_______

Long time no update!
Spot the song lyric reference- I saw the opportunity and I took it!
Hope 2019 is treating you all well so far!