Tim searched your facial features, intrigued as to why you insisted on not swimming. Your lips had formed a thin line, your eyebrows were scrunched up, and your eyes were a bit glazed over, plus your breathing was a little heavier than usual...

Yep, you were definitely lying....

"What's up with that bracelet? How come you don't wanna take it off? Can you take it off?" He questioned repeatedly.

"..."

"(Y/N)..." He gently grabbed the wrist that held the bracelet and carefully put his other hand on your chin to make you look at him. When you did, his expression was quite serious. His eyes a bit intimidating, his eyebrows were scrunched up, and his lips etched into a frown.

'Damn his observation skills!' You cursed in your head. You sighed deeply, did you really have to tell him now...!?

"No, you'd think I was crazy or something...." You said, doubt echoing in your voice.

"(Y/N), I've seen some pretty crazy s*it in my lifetime. You can tell me anything. I promise I won't judge..." He reassured you.

You looked out to the ocean in the distance, your mind racing to make a decision before getting up. You had made up your mind, you were going to tell him that you could turn into a mermaid.

But maybe not under the porch where everyone could eavesdrop....

"Can we go to the beach so I can tell you there. I don't want the others hearing about this. Not yet..." You said, intent on telling him and him alone.

"Sure. Race ya!!" He said cheerfully before getting up, lightly punching your arm, and running off towards the beach.

"Hey!!" You shouted before running after him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time-skip 4 minutes

When you finally made it to the beach, Tim stood in front of you, his hands on his hips and his lips forming an egotistical smirk that you really wanted to slap off of his face.

"Shut...up..." You said, taking a knee and panting. Running was definitely not your style, especially compared to your actually fit boyfriend.

"So, are you gonna tell me about that bracelet...?" Tim asked, not wanting to forget why you were here in the first place.

"Yeah..." You said reluctantly before sitting down on the soft, cream-colored sand. Tim followed suit and sat next to you, waiting for you to begin speaking.

"I got this bracelet from my mom, she told me that it had the power to, well, change me into a mermaid if I made contact with the water while wearing it. I thought of it as pretty stupid at first, but when I took a bath the next day... It turned out that she wasn't talking B.S. I was too scared to tell anyone, so I haven't been in the water since I put this thing on." You finished, Tim taking in every word of what you were saying.

"I see..." He said, taking in your story. "But, you don't have to be scared about telling anyone. At the very least, you can tell me anything. Besides, being a mermaid sounds pretty cool. The ability to breathe underwater would make my life sooo much easier." He said, chuckling a bit.

You smiled before stretching and yawning. "Man, that was one huge weight that was lifted off my shoulders." You said, relieved. You hadn't really spoken about your bracelet for years, and telling Tim about it made you feel a lot better than you did before.

Maybe it was time to take up the offer he made to you earlier...

"Hey Tim...?"

"Yeah..."