Arc Reactor Part 2

Începe de la început

Mrs. Grunion did not appreciate Peter 'talking back' and made sure to vocalize her thoughts, carefully and clearly enunciating the threat of detention. Peter did not appreciate the teacher thinking he was lying so he stood up, walked over to the door, and grabbed his phone. Being proven wrong really enraged the withered teacher.

"Well then what is the blue glow from your chest?!" she screeched, pointing at the arc reactor visible through his shirt.

Peter looked down to see what the old hag was pointing so rudely at (didn't her parents teach her that pointing is rude?) only to notice his arc reactor was on view for his class to see. He glanced up with a nervous grin on his face, trying desperately to create an excuse. "It's a pacemaker...?" the teenager said in an unconvincing manner. He shook his head in defeat. "I'll see myself to the office."
-----------------
Peter may have been an absolute idiot at life, but he was smart enough to give the office a fake phone number. Instead of Aunt May's office number, he gave the secretary Ned's. Thankfully, Ned was on vacation and answered on the third ring with a "what's up, kid?". While the secretary was busy calling Ned, Peter had discreetly texted his best friend to pretend to be his uncle. For whatever reason, the office decided not to check the teenager's file to see that his real uncle had died almost two years ago. But it all worked out in Peter's favor as he was sent home for the remainder of the day and only given one day of detention.

Since he had no ride to get home, Peter changed into his Spider-man suit semi-discreetly in an alley before swinging his way across New York to his apartment in Queens. He had debated on whether or not to visit Tony at Stark Towers but ultimately decided against it since he would have to explain why he wasn't in school.

The teenager reached his apartment in only ten minutes (a new record...not that he was counting) and climbed through the window. Aunt May was at work, Ned was in Cancun, and MJ was still at school so Peter flopped on the couch like a fish out of water to watch some TV. Halfway through season two of Bubble Guppies, the screen changed from mermaids singing about trucks to a news report.

This instantly got Peter's attention. He sat up on the couch and turned up the volume. The banner under the news reporter read "Tony Stark Missing". A chill ran through Peter's body followed by a sense of dread and panic and fear.

"-Stark was last seen leaving Stark Tower at 8:31 earlier this morning with two men whose identities remain unknown. Nearly three hours later, the police were called with a report of his disappearance. The security guards on duty at the time of Stark's vanishing were interviewed and said they 'thought those guys were colleagues of his or somethin'. We have protocols in place for these types of emergencies but he didn't follow any of the codes. If Mr. Stark is in danger, he was supposed to signal to us that he needed help but he didn't.'"

Peter turned off the TV and pulled on his suit again. Before leaving the apartment, he grabbed a pen and notepad before jotting down a quick note for May.

I'm going to find Mr. Stark

-PP
------------------
Tony Stark was not having the best day. First, he had forgotten about a super important meeting that would really help with the next part of his plan to mass produce a new project. I won't bore you with the details but it would allow Tony to provide clean renewable energy to all of New York City at a much lower price than normal electricity. So he missed the meeting. So now he has to hope they will give him another chance. Then he got yelled at by Pepper for being an idiot and missing the meeting. And then he got yelled at by his fiancé Steve for not eating or sleeping or taking his medicine. After that he was kidnapped by some people that broke into his lab and threatened to kill Steve and Peter and everyone else he loved if he signaled for help or didn't cooperate. And then when he asked for Pepsi, they said "is coke okay?"