introduction

Rebekah Wilde was clever, pretty and well liked. But then suddenly, out of the blue, she committed suicide.

Gayle Peterson was her loyal best friend. Now she's left making excuses for Becks - because people always expect you to honour the deceased.

She just doesn't realise that all of her excuses put the blame in the wrong place.

It was horrible to think that Becks felt she had to kill herself, but horribler still were the thoughts that she left behind.

[author's note]

so recently, i was away in scotland and it turned out i had a lot more spare time than i'd expected - so i hadn't brought anything to do. regardless, i had my phone [of course i had my phone - who do you think i am??] and this little story came out of my boredom.

this story may be seen as quite controversial - i'm sure that there are people who read it who will disagree. all i can say to this is that these are characters inspired by real life events and feelings - and no one person reacts to the same event as another might. it's based around the idea that although people do think of friends and family when someone commits suicide, how they really feel is often neglected. you never really realise until it's you.

that being said, they're fictional characters and their opinions do not necessarily reflect mine.

this is quite a serious story, about coping with suicide and grief. if you have a trigger that is depression, cutting or suicide [though why you'd be reading this if suicide was your trigger, idk!] these are mentioned in the story. you have been warned.

i can't come up with anything else that i'm supposed to say, really. this story will be posted when ambiguous finishes, so if you're waiting for it you may as well go read that, really!!

i hope you enjoy [if that's the right word] this story and that it makes you think a little more about the effect of suicide on those left behind. [yes, that is the purpose.]

okay, thank you. that is all i have to say.

xo