You spend time with him

It was just another day at the Autobot base. The Decepticons hadn't been active, there were no new energon mines and there were no missions.

Bumblebee, Arcee and Bulkhead were spending the day with their charges while Smokescreen, Wheeljack and Ultra Magnus were just doing their own thing.

"Y/n, will you accompany me on a drive?" Optimus asked you.

"Yeah, sure." You said as you walked down the stairs.

Optimus transformed and you got in his passenger's seat and buckled up.

Optimus then drove out of the base and out in the Nevada desert.

You watched the scenery go by as Optimus continued driving.

"So, have you been anywhere interesting here on Earth?" You asked Optimus.

"Yes, there was one time Arcee and I had to go to Antarctica on a mission." Optimus said.

"Wow, that's pretty cool." You said.

"However the groundbridge was down due to scraplets so Arcee and I were trapped there until Ratchet was able to fix the groundbridge." Optimus said.

"What's a scraplet?" You asked Optimus.

"Scraplets are the most deadly vermin on Cybertron, they eat anything metal." Optimus said.

"Yikes, that's horrible." You said.

"Yes, thankfully when the groundbridge opened Bulkhead ran through and the scraplets froze once they followed him all the way through." Optimus said.

"I hope I never see a scraplet." You said.

You and Optimus continued talking about various things throughout the drive and you got to know Optimus a little better.