Chapter 11- The Bump

Start from the beginning

Other than the killer seagulls, the hot sun, the water was fairly cold too, but it felt nice after dipping your whole body in. The cold water didn't seem to be a problem after that. Plus, how else are you going to get the signature beach waves?

It was a nice five minute walk to the pier. The volleyball net was already set up, and a few people sat on some chair nearby as if they were waiting. One of them, I noticed, a pale male ginger.

"Hey! Over here!" Gabe called waving his hand over to us. "It's Paisley, right?" He recalled, getting up from his seat and handing me a can of iced tea.

"It is indeed. These are my friends, Emma and Alice." I introduced, pointing to my friends behind me.

"Nice to meet a fellow ginger." Gabe greeting, handing Alice a can of iced tea as well.

"And nice to meet another pretty blond on the beach." Handing Emma an iced tea as well. "You two know how to play volleyball?" He asks.

Emma and Alice were modest, telling Gabe they knew the basics from what gym class had taught them freshman year. What Gabe didn't know was that freshman year Emma, Alice and I were always the ones wanting to play volleyball because that's one of the few games we could actually play decently. Furthermore, we were always part of the annual winter charity volleyball tournament the school offer and held before Christmas break. Plus, it was also a great excuse to miss class for half the day.

"Oh, by the way, these are my friends Asher, Nate, Nick and Jeremy." Gabe introduced, pointing down the line of boys sitting on chairs or towels.

"Hi, nice to meet you." We greeted on some kind of way.

"And you probably know Lacey from the party yesterday. She just need to use the bathroom, which y'all can use anytime just walk right in." Gabe offered. I mentally chuckled when he said y'all. Living in North Carolina for seventeen-almost eighteen- years, which is pretty down south, you'd think you'd hear the word y'all often. You actually don't, unless you're really red neck or in Georgia. "And that's her friend Gemma next to her."

I nodded my head, observing the brunette walking beside the other brunette. I know there are probably a hundred or more brunettes on this beach, but I swear to you, Bible, that brunette looked like the one I saw JC kissing last night.

Gabe gathered us to play volleyball, reminding us the rules and how to play. The first game would be girls against boys, and after we could switch up the teams. We didn't know that after, though, would include more people who would walk by asking if they could join.

What became a small gathering of a few friends, became a small party. Rotating out player to play a now intense game of beach volleyball. None of that harmless fun game that we has first started off with. Emma, Alice and I, sat on someone's towel, watching the new game of volleyball go down. With the heat making me breakout into a sweat I really yearned to take a swim in the ocean.

"Anyone else see a small group of hot boys tanning on their deck?" Emma observes, staring straight at them behind her sunglasses.

"Isn't that the house you were looking at?" Alice remembers, looking that way too.

"And we lost fairly to a great looking group of boys." She whistles, opening other can of ice tea from a cooler. "UGH, looks like one of them smokes, not interested. Although another fellow blond looks pretty interesting." She comments, biting her bottom lip.

I observed the boys on the deck and immediately could pick out who was who since I knew who they exactly were. One, of course, the smoker being JC. The blond Emma talked about, his closest friend and partner in crime, um, Derrick? Dar-Der? Oh it's on the tip of my tongue- Drake! Yes, pretty sure his name is Drake.