Chapter 27: Way to throne

"Note that This is the Last chapter of the story"

Asiya always wonders about the throne room. She thinks how Pharaoh works there. She always hears Inana saying about the throne room, about the works that are done there. Asiya is now infront of the throne room. Often she goes there. Only to see her beloved. To see how he works hard for their kingdom. Seeing these everyday, a wish makes its way through the woman's heart. She wishes to help her Pharaoh in his works. But she fears that if he knows about her wishes he will never ever let her work beside him. This thought shutters her wish.
One day she asks her husband to allow her to go to the throne room. Her children are also present there. Together they eat at the dining hall. After that Pharaoh goes to the garden to take rest under the shade of a tree. Asiya approaches him. He wants her very badly. But when he attempts to kiss her she resists. So he stops. She asks him, " Can I ask you something?"
Anmatre asks, "What is it?"
She feels fear inside her heart. She asks him lowly, "Will you teach me to rule the kingdom?" Then she quickly says, "I promise I shall not disappoint you. I shall try my best to help you."
Pharaoh only stares at her as if he does not understand what she is saying. Then he shakes his head from right to left. Silently telling her that she is wanting the wrong thing.
"Why?" It is all she asks.
"You are a woman. You can not rule." Pharaoh replies.
"But Inana....."
She is stopped by his angry glare.

"Inana is special. She studied hard to become a courtier." Says Pharaoh.

"I will also study. I will help you to rule, not as a courtier but as your queen." Asiya tells.
But the king has no more to say. And she is also determined. So Pharaoh tries to make her understand that she can not rule. And at last a bitter rage take him. So he does the second worng in his life. Against his wishes, he raises his hand on the woman he loves more than his life. He slaps her across her face leaving his fingerprints on her cheek.
He forgets that at the same time his children also comes there. They watch their parents. And then he hears Aziza shrieking, sees Amir running towards them and holding his mother. Nefera, Amara and Arin do not notice them. But when they do, they only stare at him. He finds that Amir holds Asiya's hand and brings her to their chamber.
Only then does Anmatre realize that he does a grave mistake by humiliating the woman infront of their own children.
In the throne room Pharaoh sits alone. Tears fell from his eyes. Asiya attempts to touch him but he frees his hand from her.
He now understands that without her he can not move a little step. She will help him in his rulling. None but she can do that. He goes to their chamber. Standing infront of it he hesitates for a moment. But at last he enters. Seeing him she stands from her sitting position. He takes her hand in his only hand.
"I am sorry." Is all he utters. Then tears roll from his eyes and drop to ground.
"Promise me you will not cut your other hand, Pharaoh, like you did before." Asiya begs him with tears in eyes. At this he only shakes his head.
"I were a fool." He says. "A fool to think that you can not help me to rule the kingdom. But what I did not realize is that you are the true queen of Egypt and of Nile. Please Asiya I beg you. Come and rule beside me... "
He has to say something more but he can not because he feels that the woman before him embraces him into a hug. Then suddenly he realize that he is pardoned. He says laughingly, "Will you stop tickling me? Asiya. What's wrong with you?"
She says him, "Never. I do not tickle you, Pharaoh. I only hug you and you say that you are tickled. It is you problem, not mine."
"Ok! No more fighting. We are done with that." He says. "Come! Follow me."
"Where shall you take me?" She asks nervously.
"Why? Do you fear me? You are nervous." He says.
"No. I am not. I am only asking you, that's it." She replies. Then she follows him.
They are now at the throne room. Here she learns every day how to rule the kingdom.
Now Queen Asiya is the Queen of Nile and also the Queen of her Pharaoh. She rules Egypt beside her Pharaoh, who is her everything.
...........................The End.............................