Blaise's grin widens impossibly. "Sorry, gotta run. Catch you at lunch?"

Draco rolls his eyes. "Go, you buffoon."

He watches in slow motion as Blaise practically skips over to Ron, flitting himself under his arm. They walk away holding each other.

The rest of the walk to Potions is peaceful. Draco breathes in the winter air and the frantic students.

He realizes he hasn't packed for Holidays, but then he remembers he can't visit his mother. He visibly deflates.

He also remembers there's a celebration dance tomorrow, to welcome the upcoming holidays, and he thinks he doesn't want to go, but really, he should.

Because he's going to be alone for two weeks in an old castle, without anyone to talk to.

He hasn't even asked Blaise if he's staying.

He hasn't seen much of Blaise this entire week, since he's been in the Infirmary most of it.

"Draco Malfoy."

Draco turns around, instantly grinning when he sees Gregory Goyle in all his glory. "Greg."

Greg opens his arms as Draco runs into him, tackling him into a hug. "Hey, there, little fella."

The blond grins into the broad chest. Gregory Goyle never was one to stand to the pureblood code; broke every rule, the hooligan. "I am not little."

"No, not anymore," Greg laughs, pulling away and holding Draco by the shoulders. "You were a wee thing."

"How have you been?"

"Great. I've been traveling 'round, meeting new people, and old people."

"Your parents?"

"'Pa passed away a few months ago."

"My condolences."

"Thank you. And I just finished moving Ma to Weymouth, away from everything."

"Is she doing well," Draco falls into step beside him as they walk closer to Potions. "How are her medical visits going?"

"She's doing good, likes going to the medic, talking to the doctor. The nurses are sweethearts."

"I am glad," Draco nods, smiling at him. "What brings you here?"

"I came to pick up a grade transcript," Greg makes it sound like a question, and when he turns to Draco, it dawns on Draco that he doesn't know if he said it right.

"Yes, a transcript."

"Okay," Greg exhales a smile. "Yeah, Ma wants me to finish school, but with common folk, so I need a copy of the classes I took here so I can transition into a...university."

"You will be attending a muggle school?"

"Yeah," Greg shrugs his big shoulders. "It sounds fun, and it won't be all that different."

"Yes. But..."

"There's nothing left for me here, Dray," he says softly. "I can't come back. There's too much bad things here. And with the way I am. No, I can't."

"I understand," Draco says after a moment. "Will you keep in touch?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Yes," Draco corrects again. "I do hope you keep your personality."

"I won't go changing, Dray. I just need...peace and quiet for a little. I need normal stuff. Maybe one day I can come back. But you'll always be one of my best friends."