"Yeah, in a bit. I just wanted to say goodbye." He nods his head and we're both quiet so I ask, "When do you go to Detroit?"

"Thursday. Wanna be there for Christmas, Hailie's birthday, you know. I only got a couple days with her." he says, sounding upset about that.

"That's hard, I'm sorry. Just make the most of the time you have. I'm sure Hailie will be so happy you're there." I try to comfort him. I know how difficult it is for him, being away from her. He's an amazing father to that little girl. And Hailie is such a Daddy's girl. There's so much love between the two of them.

"Yeah." he agrees. Changing the subject he asks, "So it's just gonna be you and your friend on this lil trip? Or...?"

"Basically. I'll have my security available to me, but only when I need it."

He nods, looking away, "That Murray motherfucker?"

I hold back a smile. Jealous Marshall is back.

"Murphy. Yes." I wrap my arms around his neck, Marshall's hands automatically going to my hips, "And he's bringing his wife, Sarah. I told him he could have their own vacation while he's there since I won't need a bodyguard every day. I probably won't need him at all. But it's better to be safe than-"

"Sorry." he cuts in, looking me in the eyes. I know he's doing more than finishing my sentence, he's apologizing. But if I'm being honest, he doesn't need to. It's nice knowing he cares enough to feel threatened, as odd as that may sound. I'd feel the same way, thinking of him with another girl.

I smile at him and ask, my voice low as I lean back to get a better look at his face, "Are you gonna call me?"

He smirks, "Depends...you gonna talk dirty to me on the phone? 'Cause I'd be down for that." he teases and I smack his shoulder jokingly, "Ow bitch, that's my arm!" he says, grabbing it and playing wounded.

"Oh, that didn't hurt!" I scoff. He keeps pretending though, rubbing the area. Like I could actually do any damage. I roll my eyes, "Come here, you baby."

He eagerly approaches me again and I make a big show out of leaning in and planting a light kiss on his arm, right where I hit him.

"Better?" I ask. My face is near his now and I can feel his warm breath fanning my face as he nods.

Marshall's lips lightly brush against mine, his hand coming to caress my cheek. I close my eyes at his touch, lips parting, as he kisses me deeply.

I could never get tired of kissing Marshall. In the past few days it's become a necessity even. Like air or food or water, there's now Marshall. His presence, his touch, his lips against mine. It's something I crave and I couldn't imagine living without any of it. It's terrifying, how much I need him.

Our mouths move together as he pushes me up against the console, his tongue exploring my mouth as his hands explore my body. This kiss is different from all the others. More heated and passionate than ever. We're both clinging to these last few moments together, making the most out of them, until we see each other again.

We've reached the point where I have ended things in the past, sticking to my vow to take things slow. But as Marshall keeps kissing my neck or my lips, I just think 'one more minute'. I think it enough times that I'm lost in the moment between the two of us, and I don't want it to end at all. All rational thoughts are completely gone as our urges take over and we forget about taking things slow.

"Marshall," I moan, overwhelmed with desire.

My hands are under his shirt, lifting it higher till he takes over, taking it off completely for me. I let my hands roam over his chest before he captures my mouth with his once again. Marshall grips the hem of my top and looks at me to check if it's okay. I nod and he quickly disposes of my shirt as well, leaving me in just my bra and jeans.