How many?!

I take a deep breath to try and stop my head from spinning, I can't stop smiling and peter grinning at me isn't helping. I laugh and put the backs of my hands on my cheeks to try and cool them down, I'm blushing hard. I reach for the packet mix, I need something to hold something to act as an anchor because I think I'm going to faint, can you be so happy that you faint? Peter looks kinda worried so I take one last deep breath throw the packet at him and say, "better get good at this then because if our kids are anything like me they will not stand for a bad cookie." His smile is almost ravenous he lunges at what I thought was towards me but stops inches from my head, reaches up into one of the doorless cupboards and retrieves a bowl. We get all the ingredients out, joking and laughing. I measure the liquids and crack the eggs and peter mixes. We've put everything in and he's mixing when he asks "how many do you want?" I thought he was talking about cookies, like how many we needed to make so I said "well at least 25 to 35 depending on what we have." He chokes on the mix he was tasting and starts coughing, he grabs the counter for support. I rush to him and pat his back, " oh my god peter are you ok, what made you do that 25 isn't that many. He starts coughing more and backs away from me slightly, he looks scared of me. I don't understand what I said. I step back almost hurt. He sees tears start to form at my eyes, I try to blink them back but I can't they stream down my face. Why did he look at me like that, is this all a joke? He looks worried and almost regretful but mostly as confused as I am. I start scooping cookie dough into trays, counting each one as I do it. something seems to clicks in his head and peter bursts out laughing and rushes to me, he engulfs me in a big bear hug, so tight I have to drop the spoon and push away because I can't breathe. He pulls me back but this time I'm facing him. He looks downs at my and smirks, "oh covey" he's trying to hold back a laugh but I don't know why. I turn my head away from him but he moves it back with his hands and uses his thumbs to wipe away the tears. He kisses my head, breaths and says "you were talking about how many cookies wearnt you?" I look at him, I'm not understanding something. "Well yeah that's what you were asking isn't it?" He laughs and starts scooping mix ing the trays. I look at him and say "what why are you laughing and why did you look so scared 25 is not that many cookies?" He laughs so much now I'm scared he's going to snort all over the cookies. He turns looks at me and calmly says "kids, LJ I meant how many kids do you want." Oh I whisper. I can feel my cheeks burning up but then he smiles and we both burst out laughing. Oh peter, I can't wait to look back on this day with you someday and look at the ring on my finger and be so thankful for that kids bad party tonight.