Chapter 5 - The Hightower

The Hightower was a massive stepped tower with a beacon on top to help guide ships into the White Harbour. Rohar could bearly see the top of it as he looked up from its base.
"Follow me, I will take you to my father." Korbin barked the orders at Rohar a little more sternly than he had spoken before.

Rohar felt like he had been on the spiral stair case with its narrow steps and years worth of cobwebs forever.
"Wait here." Korbin disappeared into a room closing the huge steel door behind him with a clunk. Rohar fought to compose himself, he was nervous now that he was here, would Korbin tell his father about the head so far up the kings arse comment? Rohar shook his head he didn't have time for any of that as Korbin returned holding the door open for him'
"Father will see you now."
Rohar walked into the dimly lit room, the walls covered in portraits of who he assumed were Hightower Lords of years gone by. The old wooden floor creaked anytime Rohar moved.
"Lord Rohar of the Last Hearth, welcome to The Hightower. Please sit down and I will fetch us some ale." Ryden Hightower's voice was loud and to the point, Rohar took a seat and awaited the ale.
"My son told me about your father Rohar, I am sorry to hear that." Ryden sounded sincere as he said it. "We never always saw eye to eye but your father was a good man and he didn't deserve what happened to him." Ryden added.
"Thank you, I will be straight to the point Lord Hightower we need your help. We need all the houses in the North to band together and defeat a common enemy beyond the wall." Rohar didn't see the point in messing around with his words.
"My son told me this is why you have came here and I am sorry to inform you that it is a wasted trip." Ryden sipped his ale as Rohar rose to his feet,
"Why won't you fight Ryden? Does the Lannister's in Kings Landing make all your decisions for you or is it that your scared?" Screamed Rohar.
"Scared I am not boy." Ryden replied unfazed by Rohars outburst.
"However I do have a close relationship with the Lannister's and they require me to send men down to Kings Landing to deal with some issues down there."
Rohar rose to his feet,
"I guess I am wasting my breath here, I must get going back to the Wall to fight like a realman would." Rohar turned on his heel and made for the door.
"I wouldn't be so hasty if I was you Roahr." Ryden stood up from his seat as he spoke.
"You see as you were held up with my sons on the way down here, my men rode North after hearing of your fathers death to claim the Last Hearth as our own, which before you try and protest we were well within our rights to do since there was no lords there to defend it."
"Liar" Rohar shouted.
"I am a lot of things boy but a liar isn't one of them, look just out there." Ryden pointed to the window as Roahr turned to see his mother and sisters blindfolded and being led up the gallows.
"No you can't." Rohar went to go for Ryden but was seized by his guards.
"Watch What happens to those who are not loyal to the throne, your father got what was coming to him now watch your mother and your sisters get the same." Rohars face was twisted by the guard to ensure he was looking out the window as the trap door fell away from his mother and sisters. There legs flailed and there eyes bulged as Rohar watched the life leave there bodies.
"Now put him in the dungeon!" Ryden's guard dragged Rohar to the door before Ryden looked up to speak again.
"Get some rest boy we travel to Kings Landing tomorrow, the Lannister's have special plans for you."