Chapter 4 - The Three Brothers

Rohar rode South down the Kingsroad until he reached the long lake where he decided to set up camp for the night. The lake lay without a ripple, the black watery mirror still as if time had been frozen. Rohar set up traps to try and catch a rabbit and lit his fire, the damp wood crackled as it gave of the heat that Rohar so required.
He couldn't help but think about his father, dead in an instant at the hands of whatever lay beyond The Wall. When he closed his eyes Rohar could still see his fathers lifeless body falling from the wall to his frozen grave. But wait, a horrible thought came across him, if they could raise the dead what would become of his fathers body? He wished he had thought of that while at The Wall, maybe he could have convinced Lord Commander Redbeard to help him retrieve the body and give his father the proper burial he deserved.
The rabbit was tasty, the juices flowed from it as Rohar tore pieces of meat off washing them down with Ale. When it was time to get some rest, Rohar had a broken sleep filled with images of his dead father being woken from the dead, when he eventually did fall over the vivid dreams only got worse.

Rohar woke with a start, the crisp morning air carried the sound of horses. How many Rohar couldn't tell but what he did know was that he didn't want to meet anyone on the way down to the White Harbour. Rohar quickly packed up his belongings but he wasn't quick enough.
"You there, what's your name?"
Rohar turned to see thee men on horses, all of who were carrying the Hightower banners.
"I'm Rohar Estermont, Lord of the Last Hearth and.." The biggest of the boys cut him off'
"Your father won't be happy with you telling everyone your the Lord of the Last Hearth, where is Old Dorian anyway?" The boy said with a snigger. Rohan could feel the anger building inside of him'
"My fathers dead, killed by whatever is beyond the wall, that's where I'm heading now to see the Lord of the Hightower to get him to come and fight with us."
"Look Rohar was it?" He said with another snigger, "My father wont be joining the battle beyond the wall, he has no interest in, Rohar cut him off, "No interest is it, or is it that your father is so far up the Kings arse that he won't side with his fellow north men." It was the turn of the three boys to look angry now, "Don't speak about my father that way, he will have your head."
"Let me be on my way to the White Harbour to see him then and I will be sure to tell him what I think." Rohar didn't know whether he was just much braver than he had ever gave himself credit for or if he was just angry with the events of the last few days but he was determined to get to Ryden Hightower and make him come and join them in the battle that was to come.
"What's your name's anyway?" Roahr asked. The biggest of them answered "I'm Korban, this is Alfred and that's Mortin." He replied pointing to his two brothers. Rohar could tell they were brothers they all had the same sharp facial features and the same dirty blonde hair.
"Well it was nice meeting you all, but really I need to get on my way." Rohar mounted his horse but Korban blocked his path.
"We are going back to the Hightower, we will all ride back together."
Rohar went to protest but was shit down by the smallest brother Mortin.

The ride took two days before Rohar could see the huge tower in the distance. It must have been at least two hundred feet tall. Now all he had to do was convince Ryden Hightower to join the North as they face the battle beyond the wall.