Let him rest

By: Synd-ecco
On: tumblr

Nagito: *rubs eyes and yawns*

Hajime: Nagito? You okay? *holds his hand looking a little concerned*

Nagito: Y-Yeah, I'm fine. D-Don't worry about me. *smiles but has noticeable bags under his eyes*

Hajime: *sighs* Ko. Have you not been getting sleep again?

Nagito: I-I..... um.... *sighs and looks down* yes.

Hajime: Mind telling me why? What's keeping you up?

Nagito: Well, I don't think you should worry about someone like me. Besides, I don't want to be a bother. Especially to you.

Hajime: it never bothers me to worry or care about you. *smiles* why do you think I confessed to you?

Nagito: I mean, I guess so.... I'll tell you.

Hajime: *nods* okay, go on.

Nagito: Well...... it's because..... I've.... been having...... Nightmares. *shudders*

Hajime: Nightmares? What happened in them? *grips his hand tighter*

Nagito: *squeezes back and bites his lip* U-Um, t-they were all about my past. Being kidnapped, loosing my parents, Dying on the island. And things I'm scared of happening. Like loosing you.

Hajime: oh Nagito. *hugs him tight and strokes his hair* it's alright. I'm never going to leave you, you got that? Never. And I'll take any precautions to make sure you don't go through those horrible nightmares anymore.

Nagito: *hugs back* H-Hajime.... *starts to tear up*

Hajime: *continues to stroke his hair* you always hide your emotions and hold back your tears. It's alright to let it out, and to show how you're feeling.

Nagito: *tears start to fall down his cheeks; bawling against Hajime*

Hajime: it's okay, you deserve to let it out.

Nagito: *through tears* I-I-I don't-

Hajime: *cuts him off* you do.

5 minutes later

Nagito: *sniffles and regains composure* t-thank you Hajime *kisses him*

Hajime: *kisses back and then pulls away* of course Ko, anything. Now, *pulls Nagito onto his lap* I think you deserve some rest.

Nagito: *blushes* y-you mean... sleep right here? O-on you?

Hajime: right here, on me. I'll keep you safe love. *kisses his forehead*

Nagito: *sighs and smiles; then turns to his side and immediately falls asleep*

Hajime: *to himself* I guess you were tired, huh? Don't worry, I'll keep you, my precious boyfriend, safe from anything, including your nightmares.