1-20

Chapter 1: Tre Sospetti

(Kevin walked through the grand arch into the hallway of his new home; he carried in his arms the final cardboard box from the moving truck

(Kevin walked through the grand arch into the hallway of his new home; he carried in his arms the final cardboard box from the moving truck. He and his beautiful wife Danielle had purchased this phenomenal house to move in together. For a while they had been searching for the perfect set up and after weeks of home tours and exploring agency websites this prize came along. What with its stunning surroundings and charming neighbourhood, it was the perfect choice for an aspiring family)

(Danielle came from the kitchen area where she had been assigning cutlery and glasses to certain draws and cupboards. Kevin arched backward to de-stress his cramping back. The hallway was now flooded with cardboard boxes and furniture pieces from the moving truck)

"Is that the last one?" Danielle came up behind Kevin and snaked her tanned arms round his waist, nestling her head on his shoulder.

Kevin held her arms around him, "Yep, that's everything." He was relieved to not have to lob any more heavy boxes, his back was aching and so were his arms, the scorching heat didn't help neither. Turning in Danielle's embrace, Kevin wrapped his muscular arms around her petite frame, pulling her close to him.

"Welcome home Mrs Jonas." He couldn't help but smile at the words. Mrs Jonas was just another name to anyone else but to him it was more reason to feel blessed. This marvellous woman was his to claim.

The calm mood was spoilt when Kevin's chirpy ringtone screeched, echoing off the empty walls. Danielle pulled away from the embrace and went back to the kitchen with another one of the boxes. Kevin looked down at the caller ID before answering his phone, "Hey Joe!"

(Danielle smiled to herself as she unpacked the utensils, she could hear parts of the conversation between Kevin and Joe. Sarcasm was used and a light air of humour in the tone. A few minutes later saw Kevin come into the kitchen with another one of the boxes)

"That was Joe." Kevin set the box on the counter and started un-wrapping some bubble-wrapped plates.

"Is he still in L.A.?" Danielle closed the cutlery draw and leant her back against the counter, silently watching her husband snap some of the popping bubbles as he unwrapped the porcelain plates.

"Yeah, he's there for another week. He said he has most of the tracks down, he's just perfecting them now." Kevin, much like the rest of the family, was excited for Joe. He had been working on his debut solo album in Los Angeles for a few months, perfecting the lyrics and the general vibe of the music. The final product was something to be proud of and everyone was looking forward to its eventual release.

(Danielle pealed the sello-tape off the final kitchen accessory box and unwrapped some chocolate and cream mugs. The cream mugs were her preference and the chocolate ones were for Kevin. She stored the cream ones on the bottom shelf so they were within her reach, and turned to Kevin holding one of the chocolate mugs in her hand)