Chapter 6//

no song for this chapter
January 30th
Ashlyns P.O.V

It had been eight days since i was shot. I was made to take time off and Connor wouldn't leave my side. I was irritable and wanted to go back to work.

It was finally the day i got to go back. I yawned as i got out of my bed and stretched. Knowing Connor, he was most likely preparing breakfast for me.

>>———>>

I left the bathroom after making sure my outfit was okay.

I grabbed my phone and walked downstairs and into my kitchen

To no surprise, Connor was stood in my kitchen placing bacon on a plate for me.

"how many times have i told you i don't eat breakfast" i complained to the android.

"many times, it doesn't change the fact that you will feel better if you eat it." Connor retaliated.

I sighed as i sat down at the table and slowly started to eat my food.

>>———>>

I was so happy to finally be back in the precinct, i couldn't wait to continue the case we were working on.

"Welcome back" Gavin greeted me, a smirk working it's way onto his face.

"fuck off" I replied as i rolled my eyes.

I placed my coffee down on my desk and logged onto my terminal.

"we didn't get anything from that man, for fucks sake" I complain.

"We have another place to investigate but there has been reports of lots of them going in and out of the building. We suspect that it's their headquarters." Connor informed me.

"great, let's go!" I said, excitedly, as i grabbed my car keys and gun as i stood up.

"Are you sure it's wise for you to come with us?" Hank asked me.

"of course" I smirked.

>>————>>

We stood outside of the large building. The windows were old and dirty, some of them boarded up. The building itself seemed to have been some sort of warehouse but was shut down and left to rot.

"i'm scared, do we have to do this?" Rebecca whined.

"This is apart of the job, Rebecca. If you don't like it you shouldn't of joined this line of force." I harshly told her.

"Are we ready?" I asked my 'team'.

I looked around and saw everyone, apart from Rebecca, nod.

"Try not to get shot this time, love." Connor told me, smirking.

"i'll try, darling." I replied, smirking back at him.

I held my gun up and Gavin opened the wide doors. It was dark and dusty inside but there were rays of sunlight giving us enough light to see.

We walked around the large room and then i decided to check upstairs while everyone else was preoccupied.

I looked at the old stairs and decided to risk it. I walked up the creaky stairs, hoping i didn't draw attention to myself.

It was eerily quiet and i knew we were not the only ones in this building.

I opened a door that revealed a small room with shelves. I looked around and noticed small bags of a white substance. I smirked and took photos for evidence before tagging it.

Suddenly i was grabbed from behind and thrown to the floor, my gun falling out of my hands and sliding across the floor.

"Fuck!" I exclaimed.

The mystery person proceeded to attack me. I fought back, knowing it was my only option.

I rolled over so i was on top of the male and kneed him in the balls. He screeched out in pain as i smirked. I quickly acted and put the man in hand cuffs.

I heard a thud so i turned around and saw Connor fighting off another man.

Connor was losing and the man had a gun to his head. I was terrified so i quickly grabbed my gun and shot the man in the back of the head.

I panted as i stared Connor in his eyes. Before i could control myself i ran at Connor and wrapped my arms around him.

"For fucks sake Connor i almost had a heart attack!" I yelled at him.

"I'm sorry, Darling." He said, smirking at me once again.

"you're a fucking tease." I told him, smirking back.

Suddenly there were police sirens and a lot of officers ran into the building. They arrested whoever was left in the building and took the man i arrested while an ambulance took the man i shot.

>>———>>

We had all arrived back at the precinct and were sat around waiting to interrogate one of the men we arrested.

I was getting more comfortable with Connor and he kept flirting with me which was making me flustered and struggling to concentrate.

"Ash, you okay? you seem distracted." Hank asked me, slightly concerned.

"u-uh yeeah, im good." I told him, trying my best to convince him.

I excused myself to go to the break room to grab myself a coffee and calm myself down.

While i was facing the coffee machine, someone walked behind me.
"you seem distracted, love." Connor whispered in my ear, his breath tickling me slightly. My breathing hitched slightly and i tried my best not to let it show.

"n-no, im fine." I told him, although i didn't seem convincing at all.

"you dont seem it, darling." He replied as wrapped his arms around my waist. I could practically hear the smirk on his face.

My coffee had finished and it was now in my travel mug. I turned around so i was now facing Connor and looked up at him.

"We should get back before someone comes to see if we're okay." He whispered, leaning dangerously close to my face.

My entire face turned red and i was looking anywhere but at Connor.
He chuckles before removing his hands from my waist and walking back to his desk.

I sighed and ran my hands over my face   to try to compose myself before going back out.
I grabbed my mug and took a deep breath as i walked over to my desk.

"Should we interrogate him then?"