Austyn's Point of View

Meadow died instantly. This is all my fault! I sit down and cry and cry. John Marcenson, which was the guy trying to hurt us, left. I continue to cry as the cops and ambulances come. The paramedics picked her up on a stretch board and put her in the ambulance. They set up all the gear and pronounce her dead even though I already knew that. You could tell by the way she looked but I knew they were just trying to help.

I sit in the hospital waiting room waiting for my mom to pick me up. Why her? Why!

"Oh honey!" My mom says sitting next to me. "I'm so sorry." She says trying to comfort me.

"Why! Why!" I scream crying which made everyone stare at me.

"I think we should go, sweetie." My mom says getting up.

2 weeks later

It's been 2 weeks since Meadow's death and I haven't been this sad since my dad died. I didn't think I would have to go through this again. I get up and go to the door.

"What are you doing?" My mom asks. I ignore her and go outside. I walk to the forest and go to the spot where my mom plants flowers. I pick all the prettiest ones and gather them together. I go back home and get into my mom's car. I drive to Meadow's grave and take the flowers. I kneel down and set down the flowers and tell her what I never got the chance to tell her.

"I love you."