Chapter 4

I can't believe that a guy I just met, well at the restaurant but who cares, likes me! Me! I would expect him to like a girl like, Kaylee. Kaylee is the cheer captain and the most popular girl in school but who cares about her Austyn likes me! I texted Callie most of the night last night about how I can't believe that he likes me and blah blah blah but all that changed today.......

I went to school so happy but tried my best to act as casual as possible I mean he doesn't even know that I like him too. During math, I doze off most of the class, like usual, until Callie asked me a question.

"So....when are you going to tell him?" She asks. I haven't really thought about WHEN I was going to tell him. I shrug.

"You should tell him after school....maybe even get his number." She suggests.

"I guess." I say and her jaw drops to the floor.

"I guess? That's it!" She whisper yells.

"Quiet!" Mr.Smith yells.

"Fine I will." I whisper quickly back to Callie. Luckily Mr.Smith didn't hear. During every hour I thought about how I was going to tell Austyn and soon enough it was the end of the day.

"You ready?" Callie asks when I get out of the classroom. I shake my head no. "Oh come on! You can do this!" She yells over everyone's voice. I sigh. I go to my locker and pack everything up. By the time I was done all the hallways were clear.

Callie and I walk to the door but before I go outside I take a deep breath. I turn around and open the door with a big smile but when I see Austyn kissing Kaylee my smile immediately turns to a frown. I run back inside with Callie following after me. I dash through the hallways, tears stinging my eyes.

"Meadow!" Callie yells as I enter the bathroom. I sit down on the floor facing away from the entrance crying. I blab on about how I knew it was too good to be true and stuff while she keeps on saying, Meadow.....meadow.......meadow but I ignore her until the last time.

"Meadow." Callie says.

"What?" I say turning my head to see Austyn. Oh no. I quickly cover my face with my hands so it didn't look like I was crying and turned my head. He comes up to me and kneels down in front of me.

"Are you crying?" He says with a laugh. I don't answer. "Wow, I can't believe I went on with this so long. And you believed me!" He yells still staring at me. He quickly takes out his phone and snaps a picture of my crying face. He stands up and I bolt up.

"Delete the picture!" I demand.

"Too bad I already posted it on Instagram." He says with a smile then leaving. I breath in heavily and wipe my face until you couldn't see that I cried.

When I got home I go into my room and look on Instagram. There was the picture of me posted but the thing that made me more sad, was the caption, 'I can't believe she believed me. Who would ever like a girl like her😂' Soon later I got a phone call from Callie.

"Hey Callie, what's up?" I ask her.

"This isn't Callie." I hear a manly voice say.

"Who is this?" I ask.

"Look out your window." He says. I breathe very fast not looking out the window. I slowly look over at the window. I scream and drop the phone running out of my room. It was the guy that tried to kidnap me.

"Mom!" I yell but she doesn't answer. "MOM!" I yell again as I see a note on the fridge.

'Went to get some groceries, be back soon!~Mom'

I freak out looking around for like a gun or something which we don't have. I hear a window break from my room. I quickly go into the kitchen and grab a knife but right as I'm about to turn around he puts his hand over my mouth. I move back and forth but then someone else picks me up or at least I think it was someone else. He let's his hands off my mouth as I try to move my arms. The knife falls.

"What do you want!" I scream. He covers my mouth again. He doesn't speak he just brings me to a 2014 Purple Mustang. He shoves me in a slams the door. He gets in on driver's side. We sit in the car with silence and no radio. Worst car ride.

"Why a purple mustang?" I ask.

"It's your favorite color, isn't it?" He asks with a smile. Purple is my favorite color. I remain silent.