fifteen

When I arrive home, Will isn't here. Obviously. Probably being mobbed by his thousands of admirers. Someone is home, though. Obviously not mom. She's working late hours tonight since there was a compulsory fashion show she was required at. God, being a fashion writer must be hard. Dad is at work, and so should Kaidan. So, who's cooking?

I hang up my coat and kick my shoes off before shuffling around the corner and I peer around the corner to see who is cooking.

Holy mother of God.

Kaidan is standing at the stove, a towel slung loosely around his hips. His lean, tan body is in its full glory, tensing as he prods the food in the pan.

I lean further to look at him more closely before tripping and falling flat on my face. The loud bang causes him to turn around in surprise.

"What happened?" Kaidan asks, his eyes wide. I push myself up, and feel my face redden.

"I tripped." I say, before slicking my hair back in an attempt to tame the frizz.

"Okay..." He says, uncertainty clear in his tone. I give him a sheepish smile and walk lamely over to the stove.

"Where's dad?" I ask him. He turns over whatever he's cooking in the pan and looks over at me.

"He sent me home from the office early. He has an external client, so I get the afternoon off." He smirks and turns his attention back to the food. I look into his pan to see a whole pizza in the center of it.

"Why the hell are you frying a pizza?" I ask him with wide eyes. He chuckles and removes the pan from the stove and slides the pizza onto a plate.

"Why not?" He raises an eyebrow at me. I roll my eyes.

"You know, Kyle, you're too cocky for your own good." I grab an apple and watch irritation contort his features.

"You know, Gracie, you keep getting my name wrong." He frowns. "And you eat too healthily, let go and pig out for once in your life." He says.

I'm about to object but I realize one unhealthy thing won't do any damage.

"Sure, why not." I shrug my shoulders and follow him into the TV room. I plop down on the sofa and tuck my legs underneath me.

"Your hair is frizzy today, you look like a kitten." He says casually, before taking a bite of his pizza.

"A kitten?"

"Like a baby cat?" He says, stating the obvious. I roll my eyes again.

"I don't look like a kitten." I ask, frustration lacing my tone.

"You're like a little fuzzy kitten, and you think you're so fierce, but you're not." He takes another slice of pizza and puts it in his mouth.

I gape at him. First, he calls me Gracie, now I look like a kitten? What next, caterpillar? I sigh, then turn the TV on. I flick through the channels before finding 'The Notebook' on, right at the start.

"We are not watching this, Gracie." He says in a bored tone. Irritation surges through me at the nickname, but I cool and ignore him.

"Gracie?" He repeats. I turn my head to look at him.

"Look, Kristian, we're watching this no matter-"I begin but he cuts me off.

"It's fine, we'll watch it, but I was going to offer you a slice of pizza." He says, holding a slice out to me.

My mouth forms an 'o', and I take the slice he's offering me. I take a small bite gingerly, but when I realize how good it tastes, I gulf down the rest.