XIX

Aurora's Pov:

"You never did tell me how the tour went." I say, as I lay on Ruel's chest with him running his fingers through my hair.

It's been about thirty minutes since we got back together and now we're cuddling in my bed.

After eating the pizza that arrived soon after we made up.

"It was really great, like super great." He chuckles. "But then that whole thing happened and I ruined everything. I was a mess. It got to the point where I couldn't go on stage, I refused to. Now that I think about it, that was really selfish." He sighs. "And you probably saw all those videos going around of me running off the stage in the middle of a song."

Even though I shouldn't, I feel really guilty.

I rest my chin on his chest so I can look up at him. "I'm sorry." I say quietly.

His eyes snap to me. "Baby no. There's nothing you need to apologize for. All of this was because of me. I messed up on stage because of my own mistakes."

I frown. "But maybe if I had texted you-"

Ruel shakes his head. "I didn't deserve a single text from you. Yes I was upset and I really wanted to talk to you, but I understood why you didn't answer. I would've done the same if the roles were switched."

I lay my head on his chest again and sigh. "I wish this never happened. I hated not talking to you for almost two months." I mumble.

Ruel kisses the top of my head. "I know, i'm sorry."

I close my eyes just as the front door downstairs opens. They immediately snap back open and I sit up. "My moms home."

Ruel sits up after me and looks around. "I'll sneak out through the window."

I shake my head. "No way, you could get hurt."

He chuckles. "It's not a far drop Rory. I can make it."

"Aurora i'm home! I brought ice cream!"

My eyes widen and I reluctantly agree before opening the window for him. He pauses as he's about to jump out and cups my face before leaning in and kissing me. My whole body relaxes and I hesitate to pull away a few seconds later.

"Text me when you get home?" I pout.

He smiles and nods. "Course princess. I love you."

I feel myself go soft. "I love you."

He kisses my forehead before finally jumping from the window. I wince and close my eyes, not wanting to see how he landed. After a few seconds I peek over and sigh in relief when I see him staring up at me with no injuries.

I blow him a kiss. He pretends to catch it and holds it up to his heart, making me giggle.

I close my window and curtains just as my mom walks in.

"Hi sweetheart, you doing okay?"

I slowly nod my head as I pretend to be moving stuff around on my desk. "Yeah mom, i'm fine." I clear my throat. "But there's something I need to tell you."

She raises her eyebrows and I continue.

"Ruel and I are back together."