Chapter 8: Quidditch

Author's note:
Sorry for the delay guys! It just taking some times for the ideas T~T and I will do slow update for the next chapter(s) ♡

"Mmm," slowly opened my eyes, I saw dad sleeping peacefully while holding my right hand. I sat myself slowly, not to wake him up. I feel dizzy, placing my free hand on my face. I looked around, I was at hospital wing but how long I had been here.

"Are you awake?" With a calm voice, dad slowly straightening himself on the chair. His tears flowing down on his cheeks. I quickly wiped it with my sleeves. "Hey, I'm here, okay? But how long I had been here?" I looked at him, rubbing my thumb on his hand.

"A week," he said, sadly, "Granger told me that you had accidentally knocked your head on the wall when you tried to avoid the troll's club." I shook my head, "Do I? I couldn't remember anything."

Loud footsteps were heard as the door swung open, exposing the golden trio and Draco. "Mavy!" They beamed. Hermione cried silently, meanwhile the boys are happy to see me. "Ah, you're awake! Let me check on you first," Madam Pomfrey came from their back.

"Stop crying, Mione. I'm fine, okay?" I told her as she shot me a glare.

"You're not! You've been in coma for a week which make me feel so guilty," she gave me a death glare, crying. Draco sat on the bed next to me, giving me a tight hug.

"You scared the shit out of me!" He cried, "I'm so worried that night when Blaise and I saw your father carried you while he was limping." I didn't realise of it at the first place. No wonder there is a bandage on his leg.

"I'm fine. I promise," dad said with a small smile. Madam Pomfrey came back with a tray on her hands. "Drink the potion before you go out," she smile and went back to her desk.

Two weeks later..

It's my first Quidditch after all. I was so nervous that I will against my friends' house, Gryffindor. Flint gave us a tips, which is a bit more to Slytherin way. "Seriously?" I tilted my head a bit, "Playing dirty are we?" He shook his head, "Trust me, Mavis, we're gonna playing 'clean' game."

Madam Hooch blew her whistle as we came out and mount our broom. If Slytherin won, they would maintain our first place in the House Championship. "Alright, I want you to play a clean game." Madam Hooch overlooking at us, Slytherin. Flint looked at Gryffindor team as he want to ripped them apart.

Madam Hooch threw quaffle in the air, meaning the game had began. All of us spilt up to our position. Me, as a Chaser, need to catch quaffle and score it into opponent's loops. "Look! Mavis Snape mount her broom, passing the quaffle to Marcus Flint and -- Ohhh! Angelina Johnson got the quaffle!" Lee Jordan announced.

I sped my broom and take the quaffle from Angelina. Without wasting my time, I threw the quaffle into Gryffindor's loops. "Mavis Snape score  anothet point!" Lee Jordan announced. Oliver forgot to defend it, "How did you-" Oliver was hit by the bludger before he could finish his words. I turn around and saw Flint smirked on what's he had done to Oliver.

"Oy, Snape! Catch!" The moment I catch the quaffle, I saw Harry's broom went crazy. I wish I could help but I cannot do that during quidditch game. The more I pass the teachers' seats, I saw Quirrell muttering a spell towards Harry's broom!

The bludger is heading towards me, so I have to dodge it. Dad was muttering a spell, helping Harry. Gryffindor team kept on scoring while we, Slytherin team struggling to get some points above Gryffindor's.

Passing dad, I saw his cloak was on fire. "Dad! Dad!" He still focusing on Harry. McGonagall tapped on his shoulder, but he ignored it. People surround him, keep on telling him about his cloak. "Dad! Your cloak was on FIRE!" I shouted. Then, he noticed and quickly to put on the fire. After that, Harry already mount his broom, chasing the golden snitch.

The Seekers were busy chasing the golden snitch but our Seeker gave up. I don't know why. In the end of the game, Harry caught the golden snitch with his mouth. So, Gryffindor won the game.

"Hey, you're doing great during the game!" He said. I just smiling at him as I saw dad already waiting for me with his cloak had burn a bit. "See you later, Dray." Draco wave his hand as I went to dad.

"Your cloak," I pointed his cloak. He sighed. "It's okay, Mavy. I still have few of it in closet," he told as he grabbed my broom and went to his office after changing my clothes.

"How's your leg? Does it hurt you?" I got to brew potions and treat his wounds. "Potter probably noticed it, meanwhile Quirrell, he's totally up to something." He let out heavy sigh. I paused and turn to facing him, "What do you mean 'up to something' ?" He say nothing, only telling to stay out from troubles.

On my way to go to common room, I heard the golden trio talking to each other. "Snape was heading to the three-head dog during halloween!" Harry told Hermione and Ron. They agreed, yet they do not noticed me at their back. "Are you still accusing my father  was up to something no good?" I snapped them coldly, just like dad. Hermione was stuttered, Harry and Ron were shuting their mouth tightly. "Watch your filthy mouth before saying anything about my father," I glared them one by one, "Pissed off!" Then, I stormed back to common room.

"Salazar Slytherin," I muttered the password as the potrait swung open which exposing green and black theme common room. "Potter sucks!" I shout angrily which make all of Slytherin student paused their doings. Draco approached me and examinate me carefully. "What Potter done to you?" He asked. I shrugged, looking at Draco. "Nothing, Dray." Harry's words kept on bothering me.

The whole week, I didn't talk to anybody even dad too. "Mavis, I know there is something bothering you." Dad close the door behind him. I said nothing to him, playing with my hands on my lap. "Mavis-- Mavis Snape! You can't lie to your own father," His voice rise a bit which make me flinched.

"Harry keep on accused you for up to something," I sighed. He sat on my bed and hug me tightly. "Ignore him," he said. What's dad says are true, ignore what they were saying. They don't know how dad was. Mum? I had never met her since I was a baby. I wish I would met her one day.