"Charlie I can't-"

"Why not?"

"Cause I'm going with Farkle." I said.

"Oh, then why did you say yes to me?" He asked.

I sighed. "Cause I thought you were Farkle, and you clearly weren't so..."

His expression falls. "I get it, it's alright. I wasn't really going to ask you, I wanted to ask Riley but I decided to take a chance."

I chuckle uncontrollably. "Yeah yeah."

He then turns to Riley.

Well this isn't going to turn out well...

•••

Maya, Riley, and I were sitting at the bay window just an hour away from the Semi Formal. Maya and I were all dressed while Riley was still in her normal clothes.

She basically told Charlie and Lucas that she wasn't going to the dance at all because she needed to "babysit Auggie".

"Help me." Riley whines.

"I got nothing." Maya says.

"Help me."

"This ones a doosey." I say.

Uncle Corey and Aunt Topanga come into the room to see us still at the bay window saying nothing, keep in mind we've been here 6 hours.

"You've been in here 6 hours!" Corey exclaims.

"We don't hear any talking," Topanga says.

"The bay windows broken." Riley exclaims.

"What's up?" Topanga asks.

"Anna got asked to the Semi Formal," Riley said.

Topanga tilts her head. "Oh? By Farkle I presume?"

Riley shakes her head. "No no, by Charlie. But then Anna rejected him since she's going with Farkle, duh. So, he asked me but I wanted to go with Lucas."

"Oh, Lucas got around to it?" Topanga asked.

Riley frowned her eyebrows. "No, Lucas assumed we were going."

"But Gardner is a great guy, a little quiet so far." Corey said.

Topanga walks over to us at the bay window. "Soooo, what's aren't you dressed?"

"Cause I kinda made up a story that I couldn't go." Riley says quietly.

"And Lucas overheard so now Sally's in a pickle," Maya says with her "old time" accent.

Topanga scrunched up her nose at Maya's accent. "What is that? What are you doing? What is that?"

Maya smiles brightly as I chuckle. "I'm never stopping, cheese slooflay!"

Corey then comes towards us. "Listen Riley, um I'm disappointed you felt you had to make up a story."

"What's wrong with Charlie?" Topanga asked.

"Yeah I've been wanting to know that too," I say with my head tilted.

Riley smiles. "Nothing, he's just not Lucas. Just like Charlie isn't Farkle."

I smile back at her. "I get it."

"Go to the dance." Maya says.

"I can't, they're gonna punish me!" Riley says gesturing towards Corey and Topanga.

"Go to the dance." Topanga says.

"They're not gonna punish me...?" Riley says.

"They kinda are," I say.

"How?"

"Both Charlie and Lucas are going to be at the dance." Topanga says.

"You need to face them Riley," Uncle Corey says. "You have choices to make."

"Oh boy..." Riley sighs. "Alright, I'll go. What color goes with Shame?"

•••

I walked around the dance looking for Farkle. It was really dark but the lights were flashing everywhere. I had left Riley with her Lucas and Charlie problem while Maya helped her a bit, She had told me to find Farkle.

I feel someone behind me and grab me by the shoulders.

"Ahhh!" I yelp.

"It's me, dummy." Farkle says chuckling.

I look at his hair and giggle. "Farkle?"

"Yeah...?" He says with his eyebrow raised.

"What'd you do to your hair?" I say giggling.

He groans. "My dad made me gel my hair down,"

I chuckle as I wrap my hands around his waist and lean against his chest. He hesitated while putting his arms around me but quickly hugs me tight to him.

I know he's still new to the dating affection thing so I'm patient with him until he gets more comfortable with it.

"You still look very handsome, like a little cute penguin." I say chuckling.

"You're an idiot, I swear." He says laughing.

"Your idiot?"

"My idiot."

———————-
Authors note:

I finally finished this chapter, thank the lord! It's summertime so I have so much time and I'm going to be updating almost every other day, or I'll try.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

(Enjoy that manip of a future chapter-)