The Life Of My Dreams (chapter one)

Tyla

"Are we going shopping today?" I asked my mom busting into her room.

"No Tyla, we went shopping yesterday, and the day before that. And the day before that. And the day before that. Annndddd the day be-"

I sighed dramatically cutting her off.

"I know that ma, but daddy used to let me go shopping almost every single day." I pouted.

"Yeah, thats why you act the way you act now. Just spoiled, go sit ya spoiled ass down somewhere." She said sternly, I smacked my lips and stared at her.

"Do it again." She warned. "Go shopping by yourself."

"Its not fun when im by myself." I told her.

"Well call your cousin." She said waving me off. I rolled my eyes and went to my room to call my favorite cousin.

"Hello?" She answered picking up on the third ring.

"Hey boo, you wanna go to the mall with me?" I asked.

"You know I do."

"Alright, well let me get dressed and I'll be to you in about an hour." I told her.

"Sounds like a plan." She agreed.

"Okay." I hung up.

After I ended the call and headed to the shower. After I got out, I slipped on my undergarments and lotioned my body.

"What should I wear today?" I said aloud while I searched through the racks. After about 30 minutes of searching, I settled on a black romper, my black & gold Michael Kors sandals, and a jean vest. I grabbed my black & gold Michael Kors bag and sat at my vanity to apply light makeup. I brushed my 18 inch brazilian weave, and put my Gucci sunglasses on top of my head. I put on my nude Mac lipstick and called Mia to make sure she was ready.

...

...

...

...

I honked the horn and waited for Mia to come out. While I waited, I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my instagram. I heard my door open and Mia got in.

"Damn, it took you long enough." I laughed while rolling my eyes playfully.

"Girl, my mama was tripping talking bout dont spend all her money. Like the fuck, bitch how you sound telling me not to spend MY money." She complained. I shook my head and looked at her briefly.

"You look cute." I complimented. She smiled and flipped her red weave.

"Thank you girl, I try......well not really but you looking right over there too." She yelled. Her dramatic ass. I laughed and pulled onto the freeway.

.

.

.

.

.

"Um Ty, you sure you know where you going?" Mia asked calling me by my nickname.

"I think so." I shrugged, I turned the corner and it looked like we had pulled up in a whole new world.

"Tyla, where the fuck are we?" She asked panicking.

"I dont even know." I responded as I took in my surroundings. I've never seen a neighborhood like this, well I have but only in those hood movies. I've always wanted to know what it was like to be a kid from the ghetto.

"Oh my God." I said driving around slowly.

"Girl, what the fuck you doing?" Mia asked frowning after I parked my car.

"Come on." I said getting out and grabbing my purse. She hesitated for a minute and finally got out.

"Remember when we were little, we used to pretend like we was ghetto? And we would put on grandma's wigs?" I asked her reminiscing. She laughed and nodded.

"The only time I saw a neighborhood like this was on tv girl. This is crazy." She said walking around to my side.

"Aye! Wassup ma!" I heard a male voice yell from across the street.

"Girl he said "ma"! I aint even think they did that forreal." Mia yelled. Two guys walked up to us and started making conversation. Mia looked at me and scrunched her face up.

"They ugly." She mumbled low enough for me to hear. I raised my eyebrows and nodded in agreement.

"Whats ya name gorgeous?" The short boy asked Mia. She frowned and scoffed.

"Lesbian." She spat. I elbowed her and the other one asked me what my name was.

"Taken." I replied nicely with a fake smile plastered across my face while grabbing Mia's hand. He chuckled and backed up a little.

"My bad ma." He said walking off.

"Come on lets go before another ugly ass nigga try to talk to us." Mia suggested. We got back in my car and just as I was about to shut the door, I made eye contact with most beautiful man ever. He licked his lips and smirked at me. I half smiled and started the car.

"Tyla- oh damn!" Mia said looking at the same guy I was looking at. "He fine as shit." She commented while crossing her legs. I laughed and shook my head. I spared him one more glance before I pulled off and found my way home.