6.Pain

unedited

__________________________________

Pain.

Pain is the only end for anything that goes wrong. It is the only thing any living being would fear for. Everything has a perfectly paved path for pain.

Every life meets pain,some lives are always in pain,while the rest live with the fear of pain. This suffering or distress will always exist.

Love,money,respect ,health ... physically or mentally pain follows you.

Vanessa's POV.

Pain... it's the last thing I felt before I blacked out. Apparently it is also the first thing to feel too.

I regain some strength. My consciousness grows with my fingers first and gradually every other part of my body. The fiddling fingers of mine catch something soft underneath my body. Now with my brain working properly I assume I'm kept upright on a bed. Probably in a hospital.

I try opening my eyes ,but my eyelids are overly heavy, so I calm myself first to prevent the sudden use of consciousness.

Gradually in slow motion I try again only to fail again.

Everything is pitch black, usually there is a little light but no, darkness fills my sight. I try bringing my hand up my face but I feel a great sting at the back of my hand,like my skin has been peeled off.

Slowly and carefully I bring it up,but before I could carry on with what I was trying to do I hear a voice. At first I hear it muffled and unclear, each second the volume raising.

It's a familiar voice but I cant quite figure out. Its like my ears are puffed with cotton resisting the sound.

Concentrating on the voice has used up all my energy now that I cant lift my hand any further but fall back to the mattress like jelly rendering pain at its highest.

I want to call out for someone but I feel my lips glued to eachother. When 2 fingers are glued by super glue and the skin is sticked to eachother ,you try to pull them apart resulting the skin to tear that's exactly how I feel trying to talk.

Harry.

When I woke up I did feel pain, two different types of pain. One is coming from the body and the other was anonymous until now.

Trying to lift my left hand was the priority that I was so oblivious to try the other hand.

My mind is full of everything and by everything I meant Harry. He's my everything. The energy I thought I lost just a minute ago has appeared in my right hand hoisting it up.

I sway it around to catch something, first thing that comes in touch is some hardwood. Soon I tap on it.

The sound of footsteps gets louder with each step. I hope they are coming to me.

"Honey you're awake!  Thank god" mom?  I hear a pang of relief in her voice.

"How are you feeling Dr Vanessa?" a very sophisticated voice asks.

I feel my upper half being lifted up, then something loosens up on my eyes taking away the weight that kept me from opening them,like I was blindfolded.

Slowly I open my eyes to make their visual search but immediately they squint at the exposed light.

It's not strongly overwhelmed with bright light ,like the one I was exposed to before I blacked out. What was that light anyway?