Chapter 4

The days had passed by quickly and before they all knew it, it was about a month since the mysterious Aria Somha moved into their lives.

Yuki was still unhappy about her presence but was slowly learning to deal with it, as she didn't dare challenge him in anyway. That was just the way he liked it as well.

Watching her descend the stairs, Shigure called out like he did every morning. "Good Morning Ari!"

She just nodded her head, fixing her hair into her signature ponytail and sandwiching herself between Kyo and Tohru.

Ari wrote down a small line and poked the girl carefully for her to read it. Good Morning Tohru.

Tohru just smiled gleefully and bowed at the words. It may have only been a month but it seemed Aria was fitting right into life here. That made her very happy. "Oh, Good morning Aria! Did you sleep well?"

Another nod was the response and she was happy enough with that.Then, she realized something. "Oh! I almost forgot, what do you want for breakfast thing morning? I'll cook something up."

Aria looked nervously around the room to Kyo who grumbled in response. "Why are you looking at me? Just tell her what you want."

It seemed she didn't understand this though and wrote a question down. I get to choose?

The cat just rolled his eyes and replied. "Yeah, so go on. Why do you look like you've never done that before?"

Her eyes grew a bit sadder at that and she answered. The words on the paper brought a heavy lump in his throat again. Because I haven't. Sorry, I'm just not used to it.

Feeling a tiny bit guilty, he rubbed the back of his head and tried to fix his wording. "You don't have to apologize or anything like that. But seriously? Is that really true?"

Aria looked down at her clothes and shook her head. I guess. The main house doesn't let me to anything for myself, I suppose I've just grown accustomed to it by now.

Normally Kyo would of made a sarcastic comment about her being a little rich girl but the way she worded it didn't sound like that at all, it sounded more controlling than anything and just thinking about that made him sick.

So much so, he changed the conversation. "Well you're here now so go on. Pick whatever you'd like."

Looking rather uncertain, she thought about this for a minute before writing something down and shakly turning it towards Tohru and Kyo. Then, leek soup?

At the sound of leeks, Kyo's stomach dropped. Why did she have to pick the one thing he hated most in the world?!

Tohru must've noticed this and tried to explain. "Ahh well, actually, Kyo doesn't like..."

But before she could finish, he cut her off. This was first time Aria had chosen something out of her own free will. For that, he would enture. "It's fine, just hurry up and make them. I'm starving already."

He watched Aria smile softly at this which made the sacrifice he was about it make worth it,

Just then, Yuki slumped down the steps, looking rather worse for the wear. Aria eyed him curiously but didn't want to speak out about it.

Shigure must of also noticed this as he put a hand up to Yuki's forehead in question. "Yuki, you're burning up. You really need to stay home today. I'll call Hatori and..."

But of course, being the stubborn rat that he was, Yuki refused. "I already said I'm perfectly fine. You don't need to call him."

Even though everyone in the room believed otherwise, Yuki wouldn't hear it.