Nuptials - Chap. Thirty

Start from the beginning

Stepping away from door frame Abbi tip-toed to it -- acting as if there was someone she was hiding from.

It seemed like the bathroom was her thinking-chamber; supposedly, every time she really had to consider things through, Abigail found herself here.

The lights splashed against the pearly, reflective bathroom interior. Abbi idly wondered where Nathaniel actually did his hair; she'd never really seen him change here or the bedroom.

The paillettes of her dress swished as Abbi walked to the grand mirror against the wall. In the golden band of light, she didn't look as bad as she once thought. A little wild, but not bad, Abbi mused.

Once properly groomed, Abigail admired her reflection. Her skin was florid and creamy; eyes a flashing amber, along with charcoal toned hair wreathed in a shine. Abbi, satisfied, heaved a deep breath then marched confidently back out of the bathroom.

The hall was basically how she had left it. The exception? A solemn figure stood just at the outskirts, his gaze stormy, and his hair -- unsurprisingly - perfect.

Nate stepped forward, not in the least bit guilty as Abbi shot him a sharp glare. His eyes scrutinized her, supposedly liking what they saw, for his smirk was omniscient; she felt almost embarrassed to be under such an intense stare.

"Abigail," Nathaniel spoke softly -- his voice fraught with desire, "You look gorgeous."

Abbi's eyes knit together and she leered at him. "Yes; and clearly, your hair is Perfection, but -- as a close friend once told me.." Abbi paused, taking a deep breath before continuing, "To me, fair friend, you never can be old, For as you were when first your eye I eyed, Such seems your beauty still. Yet, doth beauty, like a dial-hand, Steal from his figure and no pace perceived; So your sweet hue, which methinks still doth stand, Hath motion and mine eye may be deceived: For fear of which, hear this, thou age unbred; Ere you were born was beauty's summer dead."

She smiled -- ever so pleased with herself, and her eyes glistened with satisfaction.

Nathaniel looked confused; he cocked his head and opened his mouth, "I have positively no idea what you just uttered, Love, but it would truly be an honor if I were to meet your friend; he seems like a man of many words."

At that, Abbi scowled once more, glowering at the boy before flaring her nostrils and strutting past Nate in a flash of golden spangles, her hair rippling like a black tide as she went.

******

Abbi was surprised that after such a short trip, they arrived at a remote and wooded scenery, one that had indeed took her breath away.

The trees around them seemed to curve up and over, like a big span of white flowers and curvy branches, all blooming, delicously scented honeysuckle.

Under the fan of foliage, knobbly chairs were placed row after row all faced towards a sublime little alcove of purple blossoms. Flowers were everywhere, weaved into the aisle and the seats, decorating the trees about and above.

In the chairs and scattered throughout the garden were a number of people -- some, Abbi had seen last night and others were unknown faces.

On the edge of the ceremony were three humans, dressed in plain white with their heads pointed to the ground. Upon seeing this, Abbi shuddered. Nathaniel tried to put a comforting hand around her waist, but she pulled away from him, making Nate aware that she was still angry.

"For the fortieth time, Abigail, I'm sorry for being irritable this morning." Nate grumbled, acting like he was reading from a script. ''I didn't mean to hurt your feelings."