Chapter Four

"So, you're going to teach me the ropes today, huh?" I asked.

"Yeah. It's easy, I'm sure you'll get the hand of it fast." He said assuringly.

"Nice to know my boss believes in me." I said.

"Don't think of me as a boss." He laughed.

"If you're not my boss. Then what are you exactly?" I asked.

"A friend." He said simply.

"A friend? I have a friend I know nothing about." I joked.

"Well, what do you want to know?" He asked.

"I don't know. I want to know whatever you want to tell me." I said unsurely.

"Tell you what, we can get to know each other over lunch." He offered.

"Sounds good." I say with a smile.

"Alright. Lets get some merch." He said as we pulled up.

I nodded and got out of the car. A guy was outside and greeted us.

"Well is this the new face of VU?" He asked.

"Kind of. She's our merch girl." Zacky said.

"Zacky I'm disappointed. You're making her the merch girl? She's way too damn pretty to sell merch. She should be our model." The guy explained.

I stood there awkwardly and laughed.

"Oh please. I'm not model material." I said.

"Look in a fucking mirror, you're gorgeous. It's a shame Zacky's wasting your beauty." The guy said.

I looked at Zacky and he was shaking his head.

"Maybe after the tour she can model some of our stuff?" Zacky asked.

"Fine. Sounds good I guess?" I say.

"Alright! So whatcha guys need?" The guy asked.

"Just here to pick up some merch for the tour, and then I'm going to teach her how it's done." Zacky explained.

"Come on back." The guy said.

We went into a room and began bringing boxes out. After we loaded all the merch, Zacky and I were back on the road again.

"Well, that was weird." I said.

"He does have a point though." Zacky said.

"Zacky! You're married!" I exclaimed.

"Just because I'm married, that means I can't call a girl beautiful?" He asked.

"Well, I mean, I don't know." I said.

"It's a harmless compliment." He said.

"Does your wife even know you're out with me today?" I asked.

"Kind of. She knows I'm out doing stuff for VU, but she doesn't know who with." Zacky explained.

"Does she at least know it's a girl?" I asked.

"Yeah. But, I didn't say your name." He said.

"Jealous type?" I asked.

"I don't think so. But, then again I don't bring girls around nor talk about them in front of her." Zacky said.

"Oh. I see." I say.

"I'm guessing you have a boyfriend, am I right?" He asked.

"Far from it. I'm a single pringle." I laughed.

"Would of had me fooled. I don't see how. You seem cool and your attractive." Zacky said.

"I don't know. Guys like to fuck me, not fall in love with me. Or At least they try to fuck me." I explained.

"I see. I'm sorry." He said.

"Don't be. You get over it and learn to play the game." I say.

"Well, you can tell me about this game after lunch." He said pulling up into a restaurant.

"You really want to have lunch with me, in public?" I asked.

"Yes. Hence the place." He laughed.

"What if a fan sees and starts rumors?" I asked.

"Well, we know its just lunch. If any rumors come up, we will take care of it." He said.

"Fair enough." I said getting out of the car.

We were seated and we looked over the menu. We ordered our food, then Zacky began to tell me about himself. His hobbies, his favorite movies, his musical inspirations, just everything. I was really surprised that we had so much in common. I knew we were going to get along really well. I haven't had a normal conversation with a guy in a long time. Zacky was being a sweetheart. He actually wanted to get to know me, which took me by surprise. I absolutely hated that he was married, because I wanted nothing more than a chance with him. But, I accepted it and kept my mouth shut. I didn't need to start anything and jeopardize this tour. I began to wonder how Cyndy and Syn were getting along. They seemed to hit it off at the show. I just hope she kept her innocent intentions, and hasn't tried anything.