Chapter twelve: So, um, what are we now?

Start from the beginning

"Well, where are you going?" Newt asked.

"Back into the maze." Thomas said. I looked at Minho.

"Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid, please." I begged. He nodded, and ran after Thomas. I looked at Newt, and walked out of the room. I sat on the grass, drawing a picture of a bird that was eating some seeds I left on the ground for him. It was a crow. It cawed, and I smiled to it. Thomas, Minho, Frypan, Zart, and Winston have been out for 45 minutes now, and Newt has been ignoring me. He looked at me, but no words involved. I haven't seen Gally at all since the new girl came up. I looked up, and saw the group of boys return from the maze. Newt was talking with them, so I decided to stay out of it. I heard Gally and Thomas saying something, but I ignored it. They all went into the meeting hut. I got off the ground, and walked up to the doors. I stood right at the edge. I stared into the maze, wondering why people would create such a horrible thing. My thoughts were interrupted by hearing Frypan telling Gally to calm down. They walked into a hut to talk in private, but me being me, I hid behind the wall, and listened to their conversation.

"Thomas is gonna get everyone killed." Gally said.

"He's trying to help us find a way out Gally." Frypan said.

"You know as well as I do Frypan, that there is no way out! Okay! People are dying and it's all because of Thomas." Gally said.

"Well, What are you gonna do? You can't kill him. It's a rule. And even if it wasn't think about how Amy would react to that." Frypan said.

"I am thinking about Amy. Okay! I'm thinking about everyone! Ever since he showed up, people have been getting killed. Ben was stung and banished, Alby was stung. And who will be next? Huh? It could be Newt, or Minho, or Chuck, or anybody! Listen, I know that Thomas is Amy's brother, okay. And I know how much he means to her, but him being here, could get her killed, okay. So yes Frypan, I am thinking about her. I'm thinking of her wellbeing as much as anyone else. Or you know what, better yet, hers much more than anyone else." Gally said.

"Because you care for her." Frypan said.

"Much more than anyone else here." Gally said. I decided I heard enough, and walked away. I grabbed my book off the ground, and walked around. Then, I heard someone yelling. I saw most of the boys, surrounding the lookout, and someone was throwing rocks at them. I ran over to Jeff.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"The girl woke up, ran away, and now is throwing things at us." He said. I looked and saw Thomas yelling to her.

"Hey, it's Thomas! It's Thomas!" He yelled

"Hey, it's Thomas! It's Thomas!" He yelled. The girl stopped throwing things, and peeked at us. "I'm coming up." He said, the girl backed up, so we couldn't see her anymore. Thomas climbed up to the lookout. He was up there for a bit.

"Is she coming down?" Newt asked.