𝐱𝐱. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

Start from the beginning

Melody looked down, "I'll never be like her." She said quietly, "Everyone loved her, even though our kind were feared for centuries." She explained earning a look of understanding from the man next to her, "She knew what she as doing, when it came to the people and their needs, to the castle, me." She shook her head, "Did I tell you Tony won't let me cook because he's scared I'll burn the facility down?" She asked tilting her head at him.

Bucky chuckled lightly, "Did you?"

Melody pursed her lips and turned her head away, "It was once. And I didn't know pasta could burn. I did it the way you showed me and everything." She expressed deeply.

"Did you stir it?" He asked as they approached a stand of fruits. Melody parted her lips only to shut them, "Ah." He mused smiling down at her.

Letting out a huff she narrowed her eyes at him, "I'm going to look at the strawberries." She murmured as he shook his head looking down at the plums before him.

He grasped onto her wrist before whispering to her, "Stay close, remember?"

Melody nodded, "Always." She nodded softly before walking across the street from where he stood.

She smiled kindly to the man looking down at the cases before her.

"Sunt proaspete. L-am primit astăzi." He said in Romanian earning a nod from the petite blonde.

"Arată frumos." Melody said back with a smile, recalling Bucky's teachings she hoped she had said that they were beautiful and not something else entirely. Judging by the smile on the man's face she knew she had gotten it correct. "Există mai multe?" She asked looking down.

Sirens echoed from down the street.

Her brows furrowed looking up at the man whose gaze was elsewhere, "Domn?" She asked before seeing him back away from her and running away from his stand. Her eyes caught sight of the newspaper to the side, her eyes narrowed on the title, "Winter Soldier . . . Vienna?" She whispered as a photo of Bucky was on the newspaper.

A figure hovered over her shoulder; James Buchanan Barnes.

Her eyes met his worried ones. She could hear his heartbeat beating against his chest, panic welcomed him in instantly as he stared down at the news paper in Melody's hands.'"How is-" She began only for Bucky to take the paper in his gloved hand and throw it into the trashcan before taking her hand in his own and dragging her away from the market. "Where are we going?"

"Anywhere." He said, "We'll get back to the safe house pick up my things and I'll get on the road by nightfall." He explained.

"What about me?" She asked trying to keep up with his long and quick strides.

"You're going back." He stated.

Melody came to a halt pulling Bucky to a stop, "I'm not leaving you." She said sternly, "Everyone's after you, I'm not going back." Bucky shook his head, "Till the end of the line, remember?" She said in a softer tone.

Bucky swallowed thickly but nodded nonetheless knowing it was no use in arguing with her.

𝓐rriving to the apartment, Melody entered before Bucky. Engrossed by her own thoughts she hadn't felt the presence of another in the room until an arm shot out in front of her halting her movements. Melody's eyes trained upwards coming to a halt on a familiar pair of blue ones.

Her doe ones held guilt starring up at Captain America whose eyes slightly widened seeing Melody next to his best friend; who seemed oddly protective of her with the way he stood slightly in front of her, protecting her from well him.