"He moves like an Elf, isn't that what you said earlier, Galin?" Gilliam glanced at the Dwarf. Both of their faces were etched with concern.

Galin lifted his eyes to Gilliam's. He knew what the human was trying to do. "Aye, that I did, lad."

The cleric smiled, resting a hand on the Dwarf's shoulder. "Then none of us would've heard him in any case." While Gilliam could see his comment cheered the Dwarf, he couldn't help but worry. "The morning is still young, he may yet return to make us all look foolish."

Galin's eyes smiled at Gilliam even if his face did not. "If he does, lad, I may have to kill him for it."

Viola rolled her eyes and exchanged a look with Janessa that stated: MEN!

Janessa chuckled as she jumped out of bed to begin the daily search for her shoes. "We may as well see to breakfast; no sense in killing one another on an empty stomach."

The mood in the room changed from somber to weak cheerfulness as the companions got dressed and, in Gilliam and Galin's case, tried to wipe away the encrusted Ogre's blood. "Haven't had so much filth on me since the Tribal Wars when I was a young lad. Damn stuff would cause nightmares for a weaker Dwarf." Galin never felt so happy to wash up in his life. In time, even the stench began to fade.

Gilliam had problems of his own to deal with at the moment. While his traveling cloak protected him from a majority of the blood, it became stiff as a board in the corner where he set it after unloading their treasure. The chill of the night air wasn't his biggest concern as any traveling cloak would suffice, it was due to the fact his cloak had become a part of him. Ten years old and barely frayed, it'd been with him during a vast majority of his adventures and he came to view it as a good luck charm. While other clerics wore medallions or prayed for security, he had his cloak. Looking at it now, he felt foolish thinking of it as a part of him. One battle and he was upset at having to replace his cloak.

Viola watched the others go about their business of starting the day off with her own somber thoughts. She wanted to be happy and felt she should be while being ready for any adventure the day would bring, but something wouldn't let it happen. It felt as though some dark shadow had descended over her, trying to warn her about something. As hard as she tried, Viola couldn't shake off the dark feeling.

Determined not to allow something as childish as a feeling control her, Viola pulled her gray robes on and was ready to leave the room before her companions. As usual, Janessa was right next to her in a heartbeat. To her surprise, both men were picking up their weapons and slinging them over their shoulders. Viola gave them both an approving glance, though she wasn't sure why. It occurred to the young mage that they looked as though they were heading into a battle rather than breakfast. Viola paused by the door, her hand on the handle, something about the scene struck her.

Janessa looked at her. She sensed something different, but she didn't have any idea what it was. Viola shook her head. "Something's not right." Though her voice was low, it carried through the room like a shrill whistle.

Everyone in the room paused at the sound of her voice. Despite the joyful moment before, each of them had their own thoughts. Gilliam didn't say anything; he turned his head towards the window, letting his gaze search for an as yet unseen Berek. Galin stroked his beard. "Aye, lass, even in jest a foul stench is in the air."

Viola paused in thought; Janessa's mind was racing. Before she could think through their options, Janessa spoke, "If you need help count us in." A sharp poke in her ribs and hiss from behind caused the Halfling to turn around to glare at Viola. Even through her annoyance, Janessa could see something was different about her friend. A quick glance confirmed the others hadn't noticed the sudden change in Viola, but when she turned back, the mage's face was its usual calmness. "It's the least we can do." Janessa emphasized the "we" and gave Viola a glance. It was something they had to do.