it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt

Start from the beginning

"Why didn't you say that you were sick this morning?" Janis asks, rubbing her thumb along Cady's knuckles.

"I didn't want to worry anyone and I really wanted to see the cast list," Cady responds, looking down at the pavement.

They reach Cady's house, Janis unlocking the door with Cady's key. Janis wraps Cady up on the couch, turning on a movie for her to watch. Cady's eyes haven't lifted up from the floor.

Janis kneels in front of Cady, meeting her eye line. "Please text me if you need anything. Get some rest, Caddie. I'll send Damian by later to bring you the work you missed and to check on you," Janis smiles. She pulls Cady in for a hug, leaving a soft kiss on the top of her head.

Janis leaves Cady on the couch, snuggled up in a black Vera Bradley blanket. Cady falls asleep as Lilo & Stitch plays on the TV.

------------------------------

Cady wakes up to the sound of someone pounding on the door. She expects it to be Janis or Damian, but a wave of shock rides over her as she opens the door to see Regina standing there.

Regina immediately stomps into the house, pushing Cady down to the ground. "You little fucking jungle freak! What the fuck is wrong with you? Trying to get everyone on your side? I think the fuck not, you stupid fucking dyke!" Regina screams, as she kicks and punches Cady.

Cady cries out as Regina's pink heels dig into her skin. Regina continues to beat the shit out of Cady as she lies on the ground in pain. She only stops when Cady retches all over her shoes.

Regina lets out an animalistic scream, sending Nala running towards Cady. "You're going to pay for this, you fucking dyke!"

Regina slams the door behind her, leaving Cady doubled over, sobbing in pain. Nala tries to lick Cady's tears away, but they won't stop streaming down her face.

Cady eventually pulls herself off the floor, heading into the bathroom next to the kitchen. Regina split open her lip and lined her body in bruises. She rolls up her sleeves to see some of her cuts re-opened. She lets out a frustrated sigh, cleaning them and bandaging them.

Once she's done, she heads back to the couch, wrapping herself back up in her blanket, and turning on Moana.

------------------------------

Damian knocks on the front door of Cady's house, the pile of work she missed in his hands. She opens the door, letting out a small sigh of relief.

"Hey, Damian," she smiles, inviting him inside.

"What happened to your lip?" he questions, placing her work on the kitchen table.

"Oh, um...Nala jumped up on the couch with me and accidently scratched me," Cady lies, looking down at her hands.

"Who?" he asks.

"Nala, my puppy," Cady smiles, hearing her trot down the stairs. Nala greets Damian, sniffing him. She lets him pet her and goes back over to Cady.

"Aw, she's so cute. Well, I brought you the work you missed. And Stephan sent your script and song book. He said to start looking over them," Damian smiles, going through the pile of papers.

"Thanks, Damian," she smiles.

"I also brought over some supplies. A couple things of soup, crackers, and ibuprofen. It should help break the fever," he says, handing her a bag.

"Damian, you didn't have to do that," Cady says.

"I know. But we have practice tomorrow and you need to be there," he explains. He then checks her temperature. "You're still a little warm but you seem better than earlier, so that's good."

Cady lets out a giggle, thanking him again. They chat for a little bit and then Damian leaves to fulfill his babysitting duties. Cady lets out a small sigh, wondering what her future holds and what Regina will do to try and ruin it all.

------------------------------

Cady sits at her desk, working on the work that she missed. Time seems to go by extremely quick, until her phone starts going off like crazy.

Texts from an unknown number.

You're going to regret ever showing up at Northshore.

I'll make sure of it.

Everyone is going to hate you.

Fucking jungle freak.

I'm going to make your life a living hell.