Part 14

"Draco" Hayden called hesitantly while backing away to look Draco in the eyes.

Draco looked back at him with a slightly worried look in his eyes.

"Last night...my dream..." Hayden was having a hard time trying to figure out how to word all of this.

"Hayden, if you're uncomfortable you don't have to tell me right now. You can take your time and tell me when you're ready" Draco said, giving Hayden a comforting smile.

"Thank you, but I feel I should tell you now, while I still have the nerve to do so" Draco nodded and waited patiently for Hayden to continue. After a minute Hayden was able to find the words to continue.

"The family I was with before I found out who I really am...they weren't good. I mean, they-they were..." Draco could tell Hayden was struggling, so he cuddled the small boy into his chest, combing his hand through Hayden's dark hair, waiting for Hayden to speak again.

"They would a-abuse me" Hayden mumbled quietly. Draco paused his movements, shocked at what his mate just said. Hayden continued, feeling he should just keep going before he broke down.

"They called me n-names and hit me, they b-barley fed me a-and-" Hayden broke in order to catch his breath and swallow to try and keep himself from crying. He looked down so he couldn't meet Draco's worried gaze.

"I was kept in a broom closet for most of my childhood, if you could even call it a childhood. I never had friends because my cousin would scare the other kids off with the stuff he said about me, my aunt would always make me do all the housework and the yard work and she would have me cook all the meals, and the my uncle and aunt would call me names like, freak, and my uncle would drink he would hit me and kick until I fell unconscious"

At this point Hayden was barely holding in his sobs. After quickly saying all he needed to say he kept his eyes down as he tears streamed down his face.

Draco had silent tear dripping down his face as well, an immense sadness covered his face. "Hayden" Draco whispered brokenly. "Hayden look at me, please" Draco started to cry even more.

"My birth name was Harry" Hayden whispered back, hesitantly looking up at Draco. "Harry Potter" he said, ashamed.

Draco froze. Did he just hear that correctly? Hayden Riddle was Harry Potter. He didn't know what to think. At first he was just really confused, then it started to sink in. His mate was Harry Potter, but not. Now he's Hayden Riddle.

Wait! Harry Potter! Draco almost felt like crying again. He couldn't believe that the boy he constantly bullied for almost 4 years was his mate.

He had been so awful to the person he know loves so dearly. "Draco?" Hayden asked worriedly, Shaking Draco from his thoughts.

"Hayden" Draco said, "I'm sorry, i'm so so sorry. If I had known-" He was cut off when he practically fell backwards at the force of the hug Hayden gave him. Draco hugged him back tightly.

"Hayden" Draco said after a second or two, "I will always love you no matter what, alright?" Hayden nodded against Draco's chest. Draco laid them both down again so they could cuddle easier.

Hayden leaned back up a little so he was facing Draco.

"Thank you" he said quietly and leaned down to give Draco a small kiss, before snuggling back into him.

After a minute or two a knock sounded on the closed door to Hayden's room.