Leather & Lace ~Cuero y Encaje

Start from the beginning

"I didn't realize I was so jumpy today."

He put his hands on either of your shoulders, "You make my shirt look damn good." He said smiling at you in the mirror.

"Stahp." You replied blushing. It didn't seem to matter how often that man showered you in compliments you could never keep from blushing.

"I'm gonna barbeque some burgers here in a few minutes. Are you hungry at all?"

"Um, sí, fat kid at heart here." You replied.

He laughed, "Your usual?"

You nodded at him "Gracias,"

"I'll bring it to you when it's done." He kissed you on the top of the head and disappeared out of the door.

You pulled out your phone and turned on your Spotify playlist and connected it to the Bluetooth speaker, Halsey's Him & I blared through the speaker. You pulled your eye shadow pallets and brushes out and laid them on the vanity, getting to work. It only took a few minutes for you to apply your nude pallet creating a soft smoky eye.

A text message lit up your phone - it was from your coworker, Natasha, you were attending the Gala with her. She was just checking in to make sure that you were still color coordinating. She was wearing a black lace dress with a red jacket and you were wearing red lace with a black leather jacket.

You finished with your make up and curled the bottom half of your hair. Not wanting to mess up the curls you took off Angel's shirt and tossed it on the bed. Standing up from the vanity you continued your jam out session making your way to the closet to pull out your dress, you laid it out on the bed and head back to decide on shoes, staring at the rack you got lost into the song playing and singing along; eyes closed and swaying to the rhythm of the song .

"We're headstrong, and our hearts gone, and the timings never right, but for now let's get away,"

You felt Angel come to stand behind, his arms wrapping around you with his hands splayed out on your abdomen pulling you back slightly into his chest; him slightly swaying with you. You hadn't even heard him come up the stairs, but now he had you enveloped in his arms, humming along.

You covered his hands with your own, "I didn't hear you come up." You said as you laid your head back into him.

He said nothing but placed a kiss to your bare shoulder, "I put your hamburger on the vanity, and I brought you up a salad too."

"Thank you, baby."

"I should let you finish." He said starting to pull his hands away.

You held on to them, "You should stay right here."

He laughed softly and placed another soft kiss to the crease of your neck and shoulder.

"I can just skip this stupid thing, right?"

"You can, but we talked about this. You need to spend time with Natasha, she likes you and you like her. Imma be here when you get home."

You let out a disgruntled sigh, "You'll kick the boys out?" You questioned.

"The second you tell me you're on your way."

"Fine." You turned to face him

He looked at the pitiful look you were making, "You're cute." He smirked.

You stuck your tongue out at him.

He giggled and bent down to kiss you. "I love you." Then he pulled away, you turned to watch him go, he stopped at the doorway and looked at you again. "I'm telling you to go;" He raised an eyebrow at you. "But I'm also telling you to hurry home."