Yet To Be Mine

Chapter 3

Bertholdt still kept his possessive grip on you, pulling you until Jean's figure was nothing but a dot. You slipped your wrist away, annoyed that Bertholdt was treating you like a child while he knew very well you were capable of being independent.

"Why'd you do that?" You ask while he starts preparing for your hand-to-hand combat training.

"Is there something going on between you and Jean?" He asked facing you with hurtful eyes and for a moment you felt your heart swell at his concern, but replaced your pitied look with a stoic expression.

"None of your business. As far as I know, we don't own each other in any circumstances." He seems surprised at your remark, but doesn't dare to answer back. Deep down Bertholdt knew he couldn't argue with your adamant self, especially since he never had the guts to claim his crush for you.

He dismisses the conversation, now positioning himself for battle. You also push the emotions aside and place your arms up high, blocking your face. You take your time, knowing Bertholdt wasn't cruel enough to make the first move since he currently had the dagger. Both of your bodies keep circling around, not accomplishing a thing.

'He's too tall, being direct will never work.' You sigh in frustration as you ran out of ideas. With nothing to loose, you chase the knife startling Bertholdt. He quickly recomposes and tightens his fist.

"Don't go easy on me." You warn before preparing a punch. He seems to ignore your statement and plans to dodge your fist.

'I'll swing my left arm instead unexpectedly.' You do as planned, but before you could lay the slightest touch on Bertholdt, he gets ahold of your left arm and throws your body over his shoulder. You squint your eyes as the sensation of flying revolves around. It feels nice for a second.

But the thought of pleasure is totally knocked off as well as the air in your lungs. Your back smashes against the grubby ground, consequently followed by your head. Dizziness sweeps your head as everything becomes a blur. You're still conscious enough to realize you failed at fighting Bert.

You grunt in pain. Bertholdt quickly comes to you and offers a hand, you reluctantly grab it as if not sure you both were in good terms.

"Wow. That was, rough." You murmur, stretching your back and blaming yourself for underestimating his strength.

His cheeks blush as he guiltily glances at you, apologizing through a simple look on his sincere face. Maybe he didn't intend to be so harsh, but this is training for what comes beyond the wall, you might as well already get a taste of what's coming next.

"How about you use the knife this time?" He suggests, flipping over his knife and handing it to you.

"Why not." You say, taking steps back and distancing yourself away.

Reacting completely different from when he possessed the knife, Bertholdt comes running towards and tries to slam your body down. But you set of into a sprint, running around the whole field and blending with the other cadets as Bertholdt never gave up on chasing you.

Your knees were loosing energy, tired from the previous training with Jean you had last night. Taking a quick glance back, you widen your eyes at how tall Bert seemed almost resembling a titan, only adding more pressure as imagines of what you'd really do when the time comes floated through your mind. You begin to panic, your clammy palms keep constantly pushing your glasses up your nose, every time it fell from the sweat forming at the bridge of your nose.

'I suck so bad. I won't be able to keep running like this outside the walls.' You slow down, an idea running through your head, granting you a last solution.

wings of freedom | aot x readerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara