Chapter 7

I felt like my whole mind was beginning to fall apart, all these dreams, or memory's, I don't know, my grip on reality is slipping, I can feel my mind falling into darkness, Hannibal is the light in the darkness, the escape from the abyss, but not an escape from him.

After last night, my mind feels like its about to overload and crumble, so much is happening, so much I cant explain, I am becoming vulnerable. Once Hannibal calmed me down last night he made the decision that him and I should a therapy session, the state I was in last night, I'm not surprised that I agreed to him so easily. This morning when I woke up I noticed a note next to my bed, it wasn't difficult to realize who left it there,

'Dear Miss Jones
It seems an urgent matter has appeared and my assistants is in need of use. I'm wont be back until late, and so our session will now be held tomorrow, I apologize for the inconvenience...'

As I continued to read the note, it mostly consisted of rooms from which I should remain clear of, I was strangely okay with that, if I had an unexpected guest around, though whether I was unexpected or not was a different matter. My heart then sank a little bit as I reached near the bottom of the note, which read,
'due to unexpected circumstances this present time, I have locked the doors for your protection, I have made you breakfast, also there are snacks in the kitchen which I hope are to your liking, have a pleasant day, Hannibal'.

How could such a charm of a man hold such a dark heart?, how different would he be if he wasn't what he is now?, a killer, an intelligent killer.

Once I had freshened up and changed, I decided to have a look around, even though he wasn't home, privacy. I was feeling particularly hungry this morning so my first stop was the kitchen, as I entered his marvelous kitchen, I was instantly drawn to the glass of liquid sitting near the edge of the table, mmm mango.

I felt strangely engrossed in Dr Lecters kitchen, his culinary delights seemed like a dream, a fantasy, unfortunately,  just like a dream and fantasy, both wear the mask of illusion, all the same there was nothing I could do but watch, a spectator on the sidelines, and yet, I felt, protected, I could probably write a book on how many times he could have killed me, so many moments, opportunities.

Then I thought for a moment whilst taking a sip of my drink, how much of this stuff have I had since I've been here?, the glass slipped from my hand and fell to the floor where the glass smashed to pieces with an almighty crash, as I felt the cold liquid touch my feet I jumped back a bit and at that moment I felt a sharp pain erupt from my foot, the next thing I knew was on my back on the floor, tears were flowing down my face, poison, he's, he's poisoning me.

How could I be so stupid, how could I even think about trusting him, he's a killer for pity sake, a cold heartless murdering animal. I had so much anger coursing through my body, it felt like it was masking the pain in my foot, but that didn't stop me feeling a warm liquid dribble down my foot, and as I glanced down towards my foot, a small puddle of blood began to cover the kitchen floor. Perhaps this was it, if the drink has been poisoned, this might be it, my final moments, but, so many question that bare no answers, do my dreams mean something, are they even dreams, they could be, no they couldn't be, could they, memories.

My mind must have gone somewhere else, cause my brain hadn't picked up the fact that someone had just entered Dr lecter's office. I was so confused, Hannibal said in the note that all the doors were locked, unless, it seemed almost impossible, it could be a burglar, no it couldn't be, surely a man such as him would never allow such an act upon his own home, but then again he is only human, its not like he's never made a mistake before.

I heard the floor boards softly creak in the main room, I made sure I was completely hidden from sight behind the table island in the middle of the kitchen,
'Dr Lecter?' that wasn't his voice, it wasn't Hannibal, someone had broken in, and I'm guessing he isn't here for a session. Not longer after the person spoke, I noticed that I left the kitchen door open, and being the idiot that I am, I hadn't thought about the puddle of juice and blood by the side of the table, I heard footsteps come closer, getting louder and louder, every moment my heart pumped harder and harder, I was almost praying that Hannibal would just storm in and take care of this guy, I felt as though I craved his protection, I needed him,
'hello?, any one home?' I saw his shadow grow darker and darker as it got closer and closer to me, oh god, please help me, I scrunched my eyes shut hoping this was all a really bad dream, that I would wake up and be in bed,
'well, what a mess you made' the voice sounded like it was staring me in the face, I opened my eyes and looked to my left, turning my head quickly, there was a man looking at me, a evil grin upon his lips, my heart felt like It was about to burst out of my chest,
'and who might you be?' his voice was the last I heard as I fainted away, perhaps forever, I pray.