Step One- Trust

The next day, Eclipse got ready to go meet Ethan. For some strange reason, she just couldn't get him out of her mind. 'There's just something about him...' she thought. 'If only i knew what...' Before she left, her dad, Pitch, came into her room. "Going somewhere?" She jumped. "Geez dad, you always seem to come at the 'right' moment." Pitch asked her, "So, where exactly are you planning to go?" Eclipse shifted her weight to her other foot, obviously not wanting to explain she was meeting up with Ehtan. "Um, I'm just going to do a bit exploring." she told him. Pitch looked at her suspisiously. "Exploring, huh? Why don't you go cause some trouble while you're at it?" he said. "Uh, yeah. Sure. Gotta go." she said. With that, she disapeared. Pitch laughed to himself. "More like falling into my trap." He then sent a telapathic message to Ethan. 'She's headed your way. Remember, get her to trust you.'

"No problem." Ethan said aloud to himself. Just then, Eclipse showed up behind him. He turned around and greeted her. "Hey Eclipse." "Heh, you always know when I'm here, don't you?" she teased. 'You have no idea.' Ethan thought. Eclipse walked towards him and said, "So, one thing's for sure, you know a lot about me. How about you tell me about yourself?" Ethan considered the idea, then said, "Why don't i show you?" He suddenly grabbed Eclipse by her hand and- WHOOSH! "WOAH! WE'RE FLYING!" she screamed. Ethan smiled to himself, amused by her reaction. After a bit of flying and showing off, to which Eclipse screamed at the entire time, they reached a pond at a park. "Where are we?" she asked him. He answered, "This is where i was...isolated." Eclipse looked at him, afraid to ask what she was about to ask. "...Isolated?" Ethan walked towards the bank of the pond and sat. She followed, cautious of what she said.Ethan took a deep breath, and told her, "Well, a long time ago, I had woken up, here. I had no memory of coming here, or how. But here i was, uncertain of why i had come here. Then, I spied a small scroll near where i was resting, so i opened it. It said 'I'm sorry, but i had no choice. If the government kept doing this to you-' and it just stopped there. I had no idea what it was talking about, or who had written it, but I couldn't just stay here." He paused. Ethan wasn't exactly sure how to conitue, since he never told this to anyone. "So, one day, i figured out I could fly. My first power. It was pretty tough, but i managed. Whatever the scroll was talking about, i had to find out myself. I flew around, ignoring the looks of random people. Then, next thing i knew, i hear sirens and I'm knocked out." He suddenly stood up, grabbed Eclipse's hand, and flew to an abandoned building.

Eclipse spoke up. "Is...is this where they took you?" "Yes" he said. She walked up to the entrance, where the door was sealed with a wooden plank. "Is it alright if we go in?" she asked. "I've tried. It's pretty sealed tight." he told her. She then held her hand out to him. Curious, he took it. Just like that, they were inside the dark building. "Right, I almost forgot." he said. For a while, they walked around, looking into the empty rooms and out the dirty windows. Eclipse began to ask, "If you don't mind me asking...?" Ethan nodded. "Here, they studied me, trying to figure out how i had powers. Then one of the scientists came up to my and injected me with this...seryum. A bright light shot out of me and blinded them all, letting me escape. Light, my second power. I've...kinda been on the run since then." Ethan looked down. 'Okay, so that last part wasn't exactly true...but as long as she's convinced...' He faced Eclipse. She smiled at him. 'There's something he's not telling me,' she thought. 'But what?'