She grabbed onto Peter, feeling a bit of his muscular body. Megan knew they would probably end up going to extreme heights, and she was right about that.

The second time going up that high wasn't as scary as the first. This time she felt on top on the world, almost literally.

•••

They landed on a rooftop, which was actually the roof of Peter's apartment building. This was the spot he'd go to everyday, and he'd eat one of Delmar's famous sandwiches or a churro if a stranger on the street bought him one.

From their view, you could spot countless buildings, some smaller than others. The sun was going to set in about an hour, and Peter hoped they would watch the sunset together.

Megan turned to him, trying to see again for any sign of who was under the mask. "Why do you hide under this crazy spandex suit?"

That was something Peter questioned himself. Why did he have to hide? Wait, he knew the answer to that, he's only a mere teenager. "I like to remain anonymous."

She frowned, which was a sight he didn't like to see. "I guess, but I feel like I've known you my whole life, you know?"

That was because she did! It frustrated Peter so much, he wanted her to know so bad. He feared the bad outcomes, not seeing anything good in revealing himself.

"Don't frown, Meg-" He had to stop himself, Spider-Man doesn't know her name, Peter does. "I don't like seeing you frown."

"But do you agree?" There was an undeniable connection between them, it just couldn't be ignored.

"That I feel like I've known you my whole life?" She nodded, and he lifted his mask up a little so he could breathe easier because Megan was making his heart beat incredibly fast. "Yeah, I do."

"I wish I could know who you are, but I understand why you remain hidden." He was shocked to hear that. "Really?"

"Because you're a hero! I know that if the whole world knew who you were, everyone would go after you." She said. It was refreshing for Peter to be understood for once.

He actually realized why Megan was so harsh towards him. She was always picking up his slack, and he never thanked her for it. He definitely had to make note to thank her.

They sat on the roof, their feet dangling. The sun was beginning to set, and it was truly a beautiful sight. To Peter, it was just as beautiful as Megan. Could he be feeling something towards her?

"Oh my god." Peter thought to himself.

There was silence. He could've kissed her, the moment was perfect, but he held back, thinking it would've ruined everything. She kind of wanted it though, no matter how weird or wrong it felt.

Peter broke the silence, and quickly stood up. "We should go. You're probably expected to be home by now."

"Oh, yeah." She didn't want the moment to end, it was too perfect.

She grabbed on, letting him quickly take her home. They didn't speak a word, as awkwardness surrounded them. It was clear that they wanted each other, but there was too much in their way.

"You never asked what my name was." Megan said as she let go of him. He didn't need to ask for her name, but he had to play along. "Well, what is it then?"

"Megan." She smiled.

"Goodbye, Megan."

"Goodbye, Spider-Man."

•••

I'm SOFT

✓  |  DRIVE ME CRAZY ¹On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara