Morning After

Authors Note: I know i've been utter crap uploading...since forever but im going to try to start uploading at least every other week. Which isnt saying much but it's better than the every 4 months i have been uploading! This chapter is really short, i've had writers block for an extremely long time now but its going to get better. This chapter and the next might feel rushed and i apologize for that but it just hasnt been flowing as nicely as it has in my head. Anyway, hope this atleast holds you over for a bit!

************************************************************************************************************I woke up the next morning exhausted. All the events of the past few days awakening me with a jolt. I sat up on the edge of my bed looking around at the bare white walls and unpacked suitcases. As my body became more and more awake I started to smell the kind of smell that could only make me get out of bed, walk down stairs and into the kitchen with my eyes close. The only thing leading my way was the enriched smell of chocolate chip pancakes. I opened my eyes to find Elena sitting at the table washing down the pancake she just stuffed in her mouth with orange juice, and Jenna serving up a new round of them to the three empty plates beside Elena’s. I cleared my throat, not wanting them to find me salivating all over their floor.

“Aria, your up? I thought I was going to have to drag you out of bed like I will with Jeremy.” Jenna said, although her eyes still held the kind of awkward tension I could see that it had eased up from yesterday even if it was only the slightest.

Still not knowing what was safe to say, whether it be Aunt Jenna or Jenna I just smiled at her, trying hard not to look over at the pancakes longingly, but this was a fail attempt.

“Oh, I’m so sorry. Here, please take a seat. I went a little crazy with the pancake mix. I figured you'd be hungry after the long flight and not eating anything last night.

She had me at take a seat. Without further explanation she piled three pancakes onto my plate and my grumbling stomach took over from there.

“I smell pancakes! For once you didn’t just make toast”....he trailed off as he entered the kitchen. Probably noticing me for the first time since he came down stairs. As he took me in with my mouth full of pancakes all I could do was wish that I didn’t decide to let my stomach take over and stuff all those pancakes into my mouth. “Never mind, I’m not hungry.” his jaw clenched and he swung the backpack I hadn’t seen when he walked into the kitchen, over is shoulder and headed for the door.

“Jeremy. Jeremy!” Elena called after him but it was no use, he had already left, shutting the door with a loud thud.

“I'm sorry” she said apologizing to me.

Why was she apologizing? It wasn’t her fault that I had stumbled into their life, that their...that our parents died. That everything just seemed to happen at exactly the wrong time. Jeremy had every right to hate me, they all did. Even I was beginning to hate me. There was just nothing I could do, so instead I gave her a weak smile and headed back up to what would now and forever be my room to try and go back to the world of dreams, where hopefully there things weren’t so complicated.