Bonnie

I woke up to burning bright light. I tried to close my eyes tighter but nothing seemed to work. I was in the process of pulling the blanket further up when I heard footsteps. “Mom can you shut the curtains” I mumbled into my pillow, pulling the blanket further onto my face, now faintly blocking the light. I heard another pair of footsteps enter the room and that’s when the events from this morning and the night before came back to me. Forcing the blanket off my face and pushing myself up fiercely I rubbed my eyes vigorously as the blurred vision of Elena and another girl came into view.

“I'm sorry I forgot...” I trailed off, embarrassed that I had let my mind slip so easily.

“It's alright, I’m sorry if this is a bad time, I just wanted to introduce you to my friend Bonnie, since I figured you'll be going to our school tomorrow and you probably wouldn't know anyone.” She smiled, while ushering for her friend Bonnie to come forward.

“Hi, I’m Bonnie.” She shuffled on her feet awkwardly. “Although, I guess Elena alright said that,” She laughed forcefully, the awkwardness in the room getting thicker with each word spoken.

“Hi, I'm Aria.” It's nice to meet you. If I had known i'd have company I would have cleaned, or at least thrown everything in the closet.”

She laughed, this time really laughed. “I guess its obvious what side of the family you got your humor from.” She said nudging Elena. Although Elena didn't find it very funny she tried to smile, but it didn’t reach her eyes.

'Well we should probably get going soon, we have back to school shopping to do with Caroline and all and if we're late you know she'll have our heads.” Bonnie spoke looking over to Elena and trying to lighten the now darkened mood. “Hey, you can come if you want?” she said, now looking at me.

“Oh uh...”

“No” Elena finished for me. Awkwardly she rubbed the back of her neck. “She probably wouldn’t want to go shopping with people she barely even knows, right?” Elena said, now looking at me.

“Oh, uh, yeah. That would probably be awkward. But you two have fun.” I smiled as much as I could as Bonny waved bye and they left my room. When the door was finally shut I tucked my knees up to my chest. Truth is I had wanted to go with them. Not only for the fact that I did need more clothes, but also I really didn't want to not know anyone on my first day of school. It had been a long time since I was the new kid, but even still I remember the feeling wasn't too great. But I had so no, because no matter how nice Elena had been to me she didn’t seem to want me to tag along, and why should she? The fact that we're sisters doesn’t mean much when we don't even know each other...and I wouldn’t want to be a third wheel. I'll just have to blend in with the crowd this time at school. I looked out into the now almost darkened sky. Night seemed to come so much faster here. Laying my head on my knees I looked out into the dark sky and gazed up as far as my eyes would see. Blending in, that shouldn’t be too hard, right?

________________________________________________________

I know this is really short, and i'm debating on whether or not i'm going to keep this chapter but i wanted to at least put something up because it has been so long. The next chapter will be better, i promise! :)