Dard-e-tanhayi

Chammi's pov I still remember the day Aliya baji came to the house , a cool breeze flowing throughout the courtyard . She was here to live with us unit Mazhar chachu was given bail . We met when we were young and after that there wasn't any letters exchanged . I was genuinely happy that I would have someone I could talk to about any girly stuff and about my love for Jameel hi .She herself was shy around him , but I wanted her to tag along with me when I tried to meet him .Both of them were always shy and almost hesitant of each other and I couldn't figure out why .I felt in the past couple of weeks that Jameel was starting to love me and I could see that spark but little did I know that it was for my sister standing next to me . I saw the candle in Jameel Ji's room still turned on , so I thought it would be a great opportunity to sneak up to him . I couldn't find him in his room and I knew he would up at the terrace . I picked up my lantern and walked up the stairs in excitement making sure my hair was fixed . The minute I reached there that scene took my breath away , I could feel the burn on my cheeks , the tears of sadness and humiliation burning in my eye , there he stood holding her hand and reciting the same poetry .I ran to my room and cried my heart out but then I thought maybe I'm mistaken they barely talk and Aliya baji does not even like the word love so , the naive me decided to keep an eye on them .Every single day for a week I saw Jameel Ji running after her like I did for him and I knew I lost all this was a facade. What hurt me more was that they kept making a fool out of me , even though both of them knew that I love him .Another cold night I sat at the terrace when Aliya baji approached me and asked me that why am I crying .I just looked into her eye asked her how could she do that to me and all she did was lower her gaze . She then told me how she didn't love him and I can have him, but I didn't want to be second best or the last option , so I made her swear that she would not tell him . Jameel ji the next day came looking for me , because he wanted me to tell him if I like his poetry and I almost melted right there , but I told him that I didn't have time .The next day I kept my distance from him and I could tell that he was bothered but slowly I could see the stealing glances of each other and I had lost all hope . I don't know what happened between them that Jameel Ji one day came to me furious and pinned me to the wall with his hands around my neck telling me how he never told me that he loved me and I wanted to scream into his face that you kept using me leading me in but all I was able to get was that I loved him though and that was the end of our friendship and my sense of home . Then what happened next tore me apart and made me the lifeless person I am today .....