Three Words| Tom & Ava

Začít od začátku

"Now, what do you say to some fun?" He gave a sickening smile as he scanned the faces in front of him. "I'm a little impressed with the progress some of you have made in my classes. So to celebrate, how about a show?"

The students all looked around at each other, not knowing what he meant by that. One of the Slytherin students raised their hand. "What kind of show Sir?"

Carrow tilted his head in thought before coming to some sort of conclusion. "I believe it would be fun, and educational, to see one of my favorite curses demonstrated for you all." He started pacing again. "Not by me. No, it would be much more..interesting to see a fellow classmate perform it." He stopped in front of the Slytherins, "Wouldn't you agree."

Some students gulped and slumped down in their seats. They knew what that meant, they would have to watch someone be tortured. It was almost routine at this point.

"Since your house has been more well-behaved, I think I shall allow one of you to perform it." He paced back to the Gryffindor side. "And one of our little lions will get to experience it."

The Gryffindor students all noticeably shrunk back. None of them wanted to be chosen. Some held back the urge to cry and others just looked away to avoid looking at him. He grinned to himself as he pointed out one boy near the back.

"You look like you'd be interested."

Carrow waved him forward and he had no choice but to go up. The boy was trembling but held his chin up high to appear less scared. He waited at the front of the room as Carrow went back to the Slytherins to choose who would perform the curse. He scanned the students before his eyes locked on one of the least expecting students.

"Feeling like experimenting today Merin?"

Ava looked up in surprise at being chosen. She had been one of the quiet ones that follow the rules and stay in the background. She felt Mia grab her hand under the table. "Me?"

"Yes. You look like you need a little fun." The man had a wicked smile on his face, taunting her. "Now come up."

Ava hesitated, she didn't want to do it. She met the Gryffindor students eyes, his expression pleading. She knew she should do it to keep herself safe, but she couldn't move. Mia nudged her a bit in encouragement.

Carrow sighed, "no?" He crossed his hands behind his back and turned around. "Then perhaps I should pick another student from Gryffindor to do it."

Ava felt conflicted. She was disgusted at the idea of hurting someone else. But she didn't want him to have to face one of his friends instead. Closing her eyes, she took a breath to calm down. Just as Carrow was picking another student, she shot up from her seat.

"I knew you wouldn't disappoint me," Carrow said without turning around. He glanced at her once she was placed at the front across from the Gryffindor student. "Good girl. Now go on."

Ava slowly moved her gaze to the boy standing in front of her. She swallowed, hoping she was projecting her reluctance to him. She could hardly stand seeing the fear in his eyes. But she had to do this for the both of them. She shakily raised her wand and cast the curse.

Tom pulled back from Ava out of breath. It took him a bit to slow his breathing and regain himself. He looked to her to see tears sliding down her face. She was shaking from her mind being invaded like that. He pulled her to him and held her as they both calmed down. He placed a hand on the back of her head to hold her closer as she cried silently.

In the middle of the night, Tom couldn't sleep and stood in front of the sitting room window. He wasn't looking at anything in particular since it was still dark. His mind was too preoccupied by what Ava showed him. When he had slept at first that night, he was startled awake by flashes of Ava's tear-stained face and a flash of light. He didn't like seeing her in that position. At all.

Tom was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't hear the approach of someone else. He only took notice when two arms wrapped around his waist from behind. He involuntarily smiled when he felt Ava press against his back.

"Why are you up?"

Tom sighed at hearing her voice, which was still foggy with sleep. "I couldn't sleep."

Ava hummed and nuzzled her face against his shoulder. "Was it a dream again?"

"Sort of," Tom said softly. "I didn't mean to disturb you."

"You didn't, but I was worried when you weren't there."

Tom grabbed her hands gently and turned around to embrace her. "I'm fine." He moved some of her messy hair from her face and kissed her forehead. "Let's go back to bed."

The next morning, Ava woke up to the feeling of something running through her hair. Once she opened her eyes and blinked away the sleep, she noticed Tom watching her. He was brushing his fingers through her hair, propped up on his elbow. His expression was soft, relaxed.

"Mm, good morning." Ava covered her mouth to stifle her yawn. "Did you get any more sleep?"

Tom shrugged, "a little." His hand moved from her hair to run along her collarbone. "Thanks to you."

Ava stretched and released a sigh in relief. "That's good." She watched his expression as he absentmindedly traced shapes on her skin. "Is something on your mind?"

"I'm still thinking about what you showed me." Tom sighed and stilled his hand. "It just made me think about everything you've had to go through."

"Tom, I've told you to not do that."

"I know," Tom said instantly. "But I can't help but think about it." He stared at her intently then, "I can't explain how much I wish you didn't have to face anything from Voldemort."

Ava huffed and moved to lean on her elbow so they were face to face. "I've told you I didn't deal with anything directly." She placed her free hand on his cheek, "it's over now. There's no need to worry about it anymore."

Tom nodded slowly and grasped her hand. He placed a quick kiss to her palm before rolling them over to hover over her. She let out a giggle at the sudden change. He lowered his head to hide a smile and kissed her shoulder. He then felt her fingers trace along the back of his neck. He pushed back up to look at her.

"Of all the horrible things I've done, how can you accept me?"

"That's easy," Ava said with a smile. "You're different. I know you've done awful things Tom." She bit her lip as she gazed at him. "But that's not who you are anymore."

Tom shook his head in disbelief at her. "Silly girl." He let her pull him into a deep kiss that caused both of them to sigh in content. He pulled away, "I'll never deserve you."

"What's brought this up?"

Tom shrugged. "I'm feeling sentimental darling. Play along will you." He shared a laugh with her when she rolled her eyes. "I only wish I could express my feelings for you the way you do for me."

Ava gave Tom a gentle, loving smile. "I don't need to hear those three words to know how you feel." She wrapped her arms around his shoulders loosely to keep him close to her. "All you have to do is show me. I'm sure you could say it in time."

"I truly don't deserve your patience." Tom relaxed his body into hers. "But I certainly won't take it for granted."

Ava pulled him into another kiss, one that didn't come as so innocent. Ava meant what she said; she didn't need to hear him say the three words she's already said to him. All she needed was him to be there for her when needed, and he has been so far. There was more to their relationship than just vocal expressions of love. They understood each other in a way no one else did. That's what mattered the most. But the way they spent the rest of the morning, tangled up in their bed, was another great part as well.

😉😉😉