Chapter Fifty Eight

Start from the beginning

"Shut the fuck up," Daniel snaps at the boys and they all fall silent, "Who's pregnant?"

We girls share amused glances.

"Men." Bia mumbles making me giggle.

"No one's pregnant." Aaliyah reassures them and they all take a breath of relief.

But I don't miss the hint of disappointment in Daniel's eyes.

Umm, he better not expect a kid out of me so soon, or else I'm going to whoop his ass.

Noah bares his teeth and smacks Kai upside the head.

"Ow, what the fuck, bro?" Kai glares at his friend but Noah ignores him and takes a seat next to Luna.

All the boys drop on the grass near us.

Daniel lays his head in my lap and throws his arm over his eyes. My eyes sneak their way over his shirtless chest and glistening abs. He's wearing black basketball shorts and they're hanging low on his hips with the Calvin Klein band on display.

"So, you two are dating, huh?" Aaliyah nudges her head toward Noah and Luna.

"Yeah." Luna grins, glancing at Noah.

Bia gasps and she looks to me and I nod, and she inaudibly squeals.

"Only you and I left, Rosé baby." Kai winks at me.

I giggle.

"Fuck off." Daniel barks at him without opening his eyes.

"Get your ass over here, Jackson." Bia hollers at Kai, playfully.

"Yes, ma'am." He obeys and lets Bia lay in his lap.

Everyone soon falls into their own little, quiet conversations. Daniel moves his arm away and opens his eyes a little, looking up at me. I smile wholeheartedly and lean down to peck him on his lips, my hair falling around us, hiding us in a bubble.

"You taste sweet." Daniel mumbles with his eyes on my lips.

"I had apple candy."

He hums and motions me to kiss him again and this time, he sweeps his tongue along mine, almost to taste the sweet and tangy flavor of the apple candy I was eating. I lean back and start to play with his hair, he closes his eyes and relaxes.

"Danny."

Everyone looks at Madison, in surprise.

Daniel doesn't even look at her, completely ignores her. But when she makes herself comfortable within our circle, we girls share a look before begrudgingly letting her in. Noah and Matthew, being the kind guys there are, talk to her.

But her eyes keep sliding over to Daniel and me.

<3 <3 <3 <3

"I don't like her." Aaliyah mutters as she snacks on her lemon-salted potato chips.

I glare at Madison, who is standing near the boys who are back playing ball, and I hate the way she keeps staring at Daniel. She tries to talk to him but he shuts her out but that doesn't stop her desperation act of getting his attention.

She pathetically starts stripping out of her t-shirt, leaving her in her bra—I kid you not—and denim shorts and she starts wiping sweat off of her body.

It's a little sad and amusing at this point.

The girl can't take a hint.

And Daniel's behavior towards her only heightens my curiousness about their history together.