Chapter 2

It was about 4:30 am when I felt I felt like someone playing with my hair. I opened my eyes and there was Tony's face staring at me. He backed up a little when I stood up.

"Mom! Dad!" I screamed.

"Oh, Carrie you don't want to do that." he said with a little chuckle and starting walking towards me.

"Stop! Don't touch me!" I shouted hoping my father would come.

"Shut up!" he yelled and hit me in the side. I fell to the ground holding my side and crying.

I heard the door crack open.

"Carrie!" I heard my mom say. I could see Tony backing up into the corner of the wall. He moved to where she didn't see him.

"Mom.." I said pointing to the corner where he was. She turned her head and her eyes got real wide.

"Tony, please don't hurt her!" she squealed.

"Too late." he said. Last thing I heard was a gun shot and then blacked out.

**Carole's POV**

"Stephen!" I squealed and tried to pick up my bleeding daughter. I looked around the room and the window was open. I got up and saw Tony running into the woods.

"Whats wro-?" he got out before he saw Carrie laying there bleeding. "Carrie!" he screamed.

"Help me!" I said as we carried her to the car to being her to the hospital. I called Shanna and Stephanie and told them to meet me at the hospital. Then I called the hospital to have somebody to take Carrie when we got there.

Ten minutes later, Stephen was speeding into the parking lot. A nurse took Carrie into surgery and they made us wait. I could see out the corner of my eye Shanna and Stephanie. I ran over and hugged them both.

"Mom? What happened?!" Stephanie said.

I was crying to much to talk.

"Where's Carrie?" she asked trying to get something out of me.

I turned and pointed to the group of doctors running with a stretcher with Carrie on it.

"Dad, what happened?" Shanna said trying to figure out what happened.

"She came home for the week and Tony came looking for her and she woke up to him in her room. He shot her." I finally got out.

"Oh my God!" Stephanie screamed as she tried to run after her sister.

"Steph, you can't go there. Just wait here." Stephen said.

Stephanie broke down crying. Stephanie was closer to Carrie than any one in the whole family. This is going to be harder on her than any one else.